PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts,

ianstwt
24th February 2015, 01:59 PM
Hey guys Iv got a Mini Cooper s, the r56 version. Looking at upgrading the exhaust before I get it mapped. But not sure what kind to get? Need some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
24th February 2015, 02:14 PM
Lots of options from JCW stage 1 tuning kit Ex to Challenge Ex ...talk to Digitallemming who has had both and get his views and there is always the custom route depends on what you are after

ianstwt
24th February 2015, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your help

stoney
24th February 2015, 02:31 PM
Always de cat or sport cat to think of as well

ianstwt
24th February 2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah putting the decat on after my mot. Heard it might put my engine management light on. Not sure if that is true though?

MINI William
24th February 2015, 02:48 PM
A decat will bring the CEL on but if your getting the car mapped this will be able to be mapped out.

Ivano
24th February 2015, 03:07 PM
Can't speak for a MINI system personally but i have always thought highly of Milltek exhausts on all the other makes of car ive owned

EcosseGP
24th February 2015, 04:45 PM
I spoke to Will at P Torque about decat and the best route according to him is the 200 cell sport cat. You lose a grand total of 1bhp over a complete decat but it doesn't throw up any engine management lights :)

EcosseGP
24th February 2015, 04:46 PM
Lots of options from JCW stage 1 tuning kit Ex to Challenge Ex ...talk to Digitallemming who has had both and get his views and there is always the custom route depends on what you are after

Andrews current set up certainly sounded good on Saturday when I heard it but he's the one to give you his opinion on them. He's away on holiday this week so might be late in replying ;)

ianstwt
24th February 2015, 04:50 PM
Won't be getting it until another month or two, was needing ideas, what I can do to it. It's looking a bit plain and big quiet for my liking

stoney
24th February 2015, 10:53 PM
I spoke to Will at P Torque about decat and the best route according to him is the 200 cell sport cat. You lose a grand total of 1bhp over a complete decat but it doesn't throw up any engine management lights :)

Yes the sport cat is good miltek do a nice sport cat I had one on my clubman that I sold to another member they do bring up the cel light tho but a scan gauge can clear it or if mapped it will when mapping