PDA

View Full Version : Silver Vipers on Indy Blue?

AberdeenMini
10th September 2004, 07:33 PM
Alright guys im thinking of getting some silver viper stripes on my Indy blue (back roof) Cooper. I havent seen any like this going about before so what do you's think it'll look like, nice or minging? I really think im gona do it but i'd appreciate your opinions

Thanks Steve:)

GAJ
10th September 2004, 07:37 PM
Willie'a old car, Stouffer was exactly that! Looks cool! Have a peek at Minibuzz (http://www.minibuzz.com/).:cool:

MartinSullivan
10th September 2004, 07:43 PM
Would look good steve, there is an Indi Blue Cooper S in Aberdeen with these - seen it at costco and on the drive a few times.

AberdeenMini
10th September 2004, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Willie'a old car, Stouffer was exactly that! Looks cool! Have a peek at Minibuzz (http://www.minibuzz.com/).:cool:

Must say i like it! :approve: Them stripes seem a bit 'thick' tho, are they official Vipers from BMW?

AberdeenMini
10th September 2004, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Would look good steve, there is an Indi Blue Cooper S in Aberdeen with these - seen it at costco and on the drive a few times.

Mine is just a plain old Cooper tho, no kit or anything like that, will it not look too much?

MartinSullivan
10th September 2004, 07:49 PM
It would still look good, as you can see from the pics of Willies car.

AberdeenMini
10th September 2004, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

It would still look good, as you can see from the pics of Willies car.

His had an aero kit tho, mine doesnt. Therefore im scared it will look strange on a non kitted car.

MartinSullivan
10th September 2004, 08:04 PM
i dont think it would , but its up to your personal taste

Smurf
10th September 2004, 08:45 PM
Ihave an Indy blue cooper, black roof, with silver stripes which are similar to vipers, but not exactly the same. (They have a wee pinstripe round them, and they stop shorter than the BMW ones)

I think it looks REALLY cool !! :D

Steve74
10th September 2004, 08:53 PM
Would look good I think as long as the stripes were chunky!:cool:

AberdeenMini
10th September 2004, 09:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74

I think i'd prefer viper stripes that are as wide as normal bonnet stripes

Steve74
10th September 2004, 09:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

quote:Originally posted by Steve74

I think i'd prefer viper stripes that are as wide as normal bonnet stripes

Remember that the OEM stripes have a narrow border - silver, white or black. Just my opinion but I think that the vipes shouldn't have these and need to be 8-10mm wider to compensate. There is a website somewhere linked to from Mini2 where there is a gallery of all types of Vipes. Some really cool, especially the ones that go right down to the bumpers. Just my take on it :D

john-apex
11th September 2004, 03:54 AM
Silver on Indy blue and Black works great. If you send me your email address I can forward pictures of a Indy blue cooper with silver vipers we did for a customer, so you can see for yourself.

AberdeenMini
11th September 2004, 05:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by john-apex

Silver on Indy blue and Black works great. If you send me your email address I can forward pictures of a Indy blue cooper with silver vipers we did for a customer, so you can see for yourself.

Hey that'd be great John, if you click on my profile you can send me an email. Thanks :D

AberdeenMini
12th September 2004, 05:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Ihave an Indy blue cooper, black roof, with silver stripes which are similar to vipers, but not exactly the same. (They have a wee pinstripe round them, and they stop shorter than the BMW ones)

I think it looks REALLY cool !! :D

Im sure it does mate! :cool: You got any pics:question: I just want to see what it looks like before i do it to my car, im quite scared that i end up making the car look crap!

Smurf
14th September 2004, 11:27 PM
Click on my login name and fire me off an e-mail with your e-mail address in it, then I'll fire some back. Can't attach them to the e-mail I'd send you by clicking on your login name......

:)