PDA

View Full Version : Coding

Eddie_JCW
12th February 2015, 10:06 PM
Not sure where to post this so I'll post here feel free to move to a more suitable place.

I've discovered a way to code in additional features such as comfort close (close all windows etc with the key) I believe this will only work on the R56. So far I've got comfort access, and fog lights to come on with the welcome lights. I'm going to have another little play with it tomorrow.

I've coded before on my E90 BMW 320d but it was a tedious process using a program called NCS Expert which is a German program and it's all in German :argh: I now wish I'd taken German in school instead of French at least it would've been useful.
Now I've found an easier way but it does still come with risks all that's needed is a wifi OBD adaptor, an iphone(not sure it's available on android) and an app called BMWhat (and a few brave pills :lol: ).

I'll do another post when I get used to doing it ;).

Eddie_JCW
12th February 2015, 10:09 PM
There's a load of features you can code that can be found here http://www.ivini-apps.com/coding.html

Eddie_JCW
12th February 2015, 10:18 PM
Forgot to mention it also allows you to read and clear all the fault codes in the individual modules like we seen at the HF tech night :thumbs up: I won't tell you how many mine came up with :lol:

EcosseGP
12th February 2015, 11:04 PM
All sounds very interesting Eddie. I take it if things go wrong you could always press the reset button !!

Eddie_JCW
12th February 2015, 11:05 PM
All sounds very interesting Eddie. I take it if things go wrong you could always press the reset button !!

Yes before it does anything it takes a backup ;)

digi
13th February 2015, 01:04 AM
i have the pro version of that on my android .think i will have a go at the audible confirmation of locking in the morning