PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo. Snow Foam. Wheel Protector

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2015, 08:53 PM
What's everyone using for shampoo these days? My Maxi Suds II is about done and I'd love to know if there's anything better out there...

Also, my snow foam is about done. I was using Auto Smart stuff which I got from Craig, but with our schedule over the next month, I've no idea when I could make it up there to buy another 5L from him. Anything as good as Auto Smart (I forget the product name)?

Also, also, has anyone used this new wheel protector from Autoglym? Autoglym Wheel Protector (http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/wheel-protector) And if so, is it any good?

MINI William
7th February 2015, 09:52 PM
Im using Meguiares Shampoo Plus, which I really like. Snowfoam wise Valet Pro PH Netural, gives a great foam and goes really thick. Wheel protection wise I still can't find anything better than Poorboys for ease of use and longevity

Eddie_JCW
7th February 2015, 09:59 PM
I'm using Dodo Juice Sour Power shampoo, Valet pro PH neutral snow foam and CG Wheel guard.

I'd highly recommend the wheel guard as it does a brilliant job but I'm not sure how the Snowfoam or shampoo compares to others.

gauldrymini
7th February 2015, 10:29 PM
Valet Pro Shampoo
Lintec Snow Foam

Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam as a pre wash :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2015, 10:46 PM
Cheers for the answers. Looks like the Autoglym Wheel Protector isn't suitable for dark wheels. No use for any of my alloys then. :(

Craig
7th February 2015, 11:26 PM
I still use the Poorboys wheel sealant as its so easy to use. The AS Actimousse XLS is still my favourite snow foam due to cost and its cleans incredibly well. I don't need to wash my cars by hand after using it during the winter which massively reduces the possibility of scratches.

Shampoo is Chemical Guys Glossworks, but I'll Prob go back to AG bodywork Shampoo Conditioner as its half the price and just as good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil - TXJ
7th February 2015, 11:46 PM
Andy.

Use Meguiars Gold Class shampoo.

I have the Autosmart Edinburgh reps details if you need it. I also have some Actimousse and if you have a 5l container and want to pop over can let you have some. I bought 25l - not sure of cost but can sort something.

Neil.

Mon the fish
8th February 2015, 01:25 AM
Can't remember what snow foam I'm using, but I can't see past dodo juice born to be mild shampoo and poorboys wheel sealant

stoney
8th February 2015, 08:48 AM
I am using angelwax shampoo and find it very good.
Foam same as Craig and neil
Wheels poor boys

EcosseGP
8th February 2015, 09:20 AM
I'm the same as Craig however have any of you noticed that the AS snow foam seems to strip the trim dressing ? I've found recently that after using the snow foam it seems to react with the black plastic trim ..
If washing the car at the house I use AS duet it's very similar to AG Shampoo and conditioner and probably along the same price wise too.
It's AG alloy wheel seal on the GP but poor boys wheel seal on everything else ..

stoney
8th February 2015, 09:37 AM
Yes tha AS stuff dose strip as I costic that's why you have to be carfull how much you use when diluting it ����

donnaj1dlh
8th February 2015, 10:56 AM
At the moment we're using Meguiars Snowfoam, AM Details Bubbles .....which I LOVE and always use PB Wheel Sealent.

cuddles
8th February 2015, 07:11 PM
I use nothing lol it's Brian's job lol

CiderFex
8th February 2015, 08:58 PM
^^^
lol
C.G. No Touch foam, C.G. Glossworkz shampoo and P.B. Wheel Sealant for me.

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

EcosseGP
9th February 2015, 12:08 AM
Cheers for that Rob .. Didn't realise the AS snow from was that strong compared with others. That'll explain the issues I've had with it in the past. We'll reassess that on our next purchase :)

stoney
9th February 2015, 07:54 AM
Cheers for that Rob .. Didn't realise the AS snow from was that strong compared with others. That'll explain the issues I've had with it in the past. We'll reassess that on our next purchase :)

It was my rep that told me I only use 1\2 of hat I use of other foams.
Looking in to a new one jyat now that's wax safe will let you know how I get on

Bryce
10th February 2015, 02:42 AM
I've been using the Bilt Hamber foam over the last few months and to put it simply, I love it. I've used loads of snow foams and all have claims that leave you disappointed. Not Bilt Hamber. If the car is particularly dirty I dilute it 8:1 and spray it onto the paint like a pre-wash. That will get the car 90% clean!

Shampoos.. I've stuck with CG's Glossworkz for years now I just love it!

My got to wheel protector in the studio is Polish Angel Supersport. Easy, no fuss application, easy to clean and really durable.

Bryce
10th February 2015, 02:45 AM
I never trust the "wax safe" claim on any product until I test it for myself. Pick a little bit of wax out a tub and stick it into the correctly diluted solution in a wee cup. Leave that over night and check in the morning, if that wax is untouched then it's perfectly wax safe. A little bit dissolved and it's fairly wax safe. Gone then yeah.. Not wax safe!

gauldrymini
10th February 2015, 01:20 PM
I've been using the Bilt Hamber foam over the last few months and to put it simply, I love it. I've used loads of snow foams and all have claims that leave you disappointed. Not Bilt Hamber. If the car is particularly dirty I dilute it 8:1 and spray it onto the paint like a pre-wash. That will get the car 90% clean!

^^^This, I have use BH Autofoam before and will go back to it again after current products are finished :yes nod:

ianking
10th February 2015, 02:05 PM
Craig, the autosmart actimouse stuff is really just a TFR so will strip wax, and dressings etc.

If you want to stick with autosmart due to the value etc then try the 25l drum of brushwash. Its what petrol stations and the like put into the roller washes. Its not a TFR and is far less likely to strip etc. It foams very well.

Otherwise I use valet pro ph neutral stuff.

Craig
10th February 2015, 02:35 PM
Yeah we have over the last few months come to that conclusion ourselves Ian and with speaking with others they have confirmed it. Quite sad tho that we weren't told the whole story by the rep... Will be having words tho!. Got another product we are gonna try that others are using and go from there. ;)