PDA

View Full Version : SNOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

Hmfc1874
28th January 2015, 11:51 PM
Holy moly!!

I just drove the wee buggy back to fife from Coatbridge, through what can only be described as snow drifts the size of my house! Definitely need to invest in some snow tyres or a sledge! My wee mini definitely wasn't up for playing in the snow tonight, but to be fair I made it up the hill at Coatbridge and drove past plenty boys who were abandoning their motors coz they couldn't make it.
Stay safe if anyone's driving in that tonight.

This photo was on the m8 on the good bits!

EcosseGP
29th January 2015, 12:41 AM
Yeah it's been heavy across this way too ... Don't think it's helped that the roads don't appear to have been gritted. Certainly doesn't look great from that photo Hannah especially if that's the M8

Hmfc1874
29th January 2015, 12:46 AM
That's the m8 davey, the whole way from Coatbridge was like that and worse :( only cleared when I got to signs for fife. And that pic was taken after it had been snow ploughed coz we watched it pull off onto the slip road ahead lol. Place was a shambles tonight, I must have stopped to help a dozen cars tonight hence why it took me so long to get home. Was funny watching big jukes and pretend off-roaders struggling to get up little hills.....til i also started spinning out.
Never been so happy to see black Tarmac in all my days. Got home to a tiny bit of snow and I'm hoping it stays clear here tomorrow x

Eddie_JCW
29th January 2015, 12:52 AM
Oh we must've just missed each other I just came along the M8 from the west too M8 and M73 from Cumbernauld were a shambles :ragin: I had The Tank out so I was all over the place :lol: I should've taken the JCW :yes nod:

Eddie_JCW
29th January 2015, 12:53 AM
But it wouldn't have been as much fun :Whistle:

First and last time you'll ever hear me say that about the JCW

Mon the fish
29th January 2015, 07:15 AM
A mini with winter tyres is fantastic in the snow, people are kidding themselves if they think they need SUVs

jonnie
29th January 2015, 07:58 AM
A mini without winter tyres is a bit of a laugh too

badwolf340
29th January 2015, 08:56 AM
Our old Cooper D was fantastic in the snow....who needs winter tyres.

Hmfc1874
29th January 2015, 09:23 AM
Oh we must've just missed each other I just came along the M8 from the west too M8 and M73 from Cumbernauld were a shambles :ragin: I had The Tank out so I was all over the place :lol: I should've taken the JCW :yes nod:

If u had seen me I would have only been a wee blue blur Eddie haha! It was so bad. When I got home the whole front end of the car was packed solid with snow, no wonder I could barely see lol

Mon the fish
29th January 2015, 10:47 AM
A mini without winter tyres is a bit of a laugh too
True that. Never put winter tyres on mine, only the wife's clubby, and mine is still brilliant in the white stuff. Not that we've got any here for once, makes a nice change everyone in the soft South getting it :D

donnaj1dlh
29th January 2015, 11:09 AM
We've had nothing in Aberdeenshire :argh: I want snow!

Mon the fish
29th January 2015, 12:39 PM
We've had nothing in Aberdeenshire :argh: I want snow!
No we bloody don't! :p

Angib
29th January 2015, 12:43 PM
Well, I've just been out enjoying the winter tyres on my bicycle. Anyone who thinks car winter tyres are good should try them on a bicycle, when staying upright becomes easy.

donnaj1dlh
29th January 2015, 12:46 PM
No we bloody don't! :p

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH yes we do!!!!! :laugh:

Mon the fish
29th January 2015, 12:48 PM
Well, I've just been out enjoying the winter tyres on my bicycle. Anyone who thinks car winter tyres are good should try them on a bicycle, when staying upright becomes easy.
What bike and what tyres? Want to get out on mine more but marathon training is getting in the way

mikeswagon
29th January 2015, 02:30 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH yes we do!!!!! :laugh:

Donna.....NO, behave yourself!

I would like a little bit, to try out the winters, but not too much to cause all the numpties up here to get stuck in their soft roaders.

CiderFex
29th January 2015, 03:04 PM
You just gotta love Winter rubber.....
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/29/d74a66fbfdfdf8d9ddf2c65f9acf053f.jpg

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

jonnie
29th January 2015, 09:13 PM
^^nice

Angib
29th January 2015, 10:56 PM
What bike and what tyres?
Just an old man's hybrid - it even has a plastic shoe box on the carrier as I am the sort of heretic who actually uses his bike for ugly things like shopping.

Tyres are the Conti Winters below - £95 the pair, 'cos they're hand made in Germany, but they don't seem to wear and will outlast me. A bit slow with all that tread but they grip everything, even melting ice or wet manhole covers.

Mon the fish
29th January 2015, 10:58 PM
Cool, ta. I've actually got a singlespeed shopping bike :) so i don't need to chain up the road bike