PDA

View Full Version : mini delivery charge

sleepyrascal
27th January 2015, 07:57 PM
Hi All. Our countryman is due for delivery in March. Mini have added £500 to my invoice for 'delivery'. I asked if I could pick it up from the factory and avoid the charge but they said no.

They said the charge applies in any case. Is this right?

Craig
27th January 2015, 08:08 PM
There is always a delivery price but it's nearly always built into the full price. I've seen it on invoices in the past but it's never been added onto the price I had already agreed upon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
27th January 2015, 10:00 PM
By MINI ,I take it you mean the dealership ?.there is always a delivery charge ,but as Craig has said it's built into the price you paid/agreed at the time and can see no reason to add to the arrangement.It is a shame there is no pick up from the factory.

sleepyrascal
27th January 2015, 11:36 PM
By MINI ,I take it you mean the dealership ?.there is always a delivery charge ,but as Craig has said it's built into the price you paid/agreed at the time and can see no reason to add to the arrangement.It is a shame there is no pick up from the factory.

Im told it is added by MINI uk. I really just want to know what im paying for. Is it transportation to the dealer or something else..

badwolf340
28th January 2015, 07:42 AM
Delivery is what it says ,transportation to the dealership,the strange bit is you say they have added this cost after you have agreed the deal,normally it is a cost built into your deal and shown as such or have you just noticed this cost is shown in your deal,every car manufacturer has this cost ,some let you pick your car up from their factory (dependent on where you stay) Eg BMW do European pick up for our American cousins , You used to be able to pick up your UK Audi from Germany (but I think it's stopped) and Italian super cars can also be picked up.

donnaj1dlh
28th January 2015, 09:51 AM
I think it also covers the PDI that the dealer does before hand over?

donnaj1dlh
28th January 2015, 12:12 PM
.....ha ha ha Just noticed your 'location' sleepyrascal ...... £500 is a damn good price to ship to the Grenadines!!! :D

mikeswagon
29th January 2015, 02:42 PM
We recently found the paperwork for a car my dad bought new in 1974, an Austin 1300 in red (like the one Basil Fawlty beat up)

The invoice looked a bit like this

car £800
seatbelts £18
underseal £18

delivery £50

The 800 and 50 equates to roughly 8500 and 500 in todays money.

Oh how I wish my options list looked like that :frown:

sleepyrascal
1st February 2015, 12:19 AM
.....ha ha ha Just noticed your 'location' sleepyrascal ...... £500 is a damn good price to ship to the Grenadines!!! :D

Hmmm yeah. haha.

So after a bit of digging it turns out the delivery charge is an average of all the delivery charges to different dealerships in the UK thus making it fairer to everyone. So even if you rock up to the factory, you still pay it.

Nevermind, I binned the gap insurance and polish stuff and saved £600. yay

illegalhunter
13th February 2015, 09:25 PM
Just take as an option you really didn't want lol