PDA

View Full Version : Changing R56 grill.

Seanwakelin
19th January 2015, 12:52 PM
Not sure if there's a description already on here but does anyone have a bmw diagram or could write out the procedure for changing the chrome grill, thanks 👍5565

DigitalLemming
19th January 2015, 01:10 PM
I've done this one mine when I switched out to the black style ones. The top section is really simple, theres a series of screws that secure it to the bonnet, once these are undone it more or less just clips off. The new one then when straight back in using the same screws as before.

The lower one was a pain until I figured out how it was connected. I can't remember if there where screws at each end, but there was a really awkward clip type thing that needed to be undone before it came away. I remember trying to poke at it and wiggling the trim until it eventually came loose. The new one just clipped back on easily.

If I can do it anybody can! :thumbs up:

Seanwakelin
19th January 2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks man I'll give it a bash tonight

DigitalLemming
19th January 2015, 02:25 PM
Just remembered there where some plastic rivet type things that had to be removed/loosened when doing the lower part of the grill. Found a couple of photos that might help http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/interior-exterior/99093-r56-mcs-grill-removal.html

Seanwakelin
19th January 2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks 👍 much appreciated

Eddie_JCW
19th January 2015, 05:20 PM
The chrome is separate to the grille on the JCW kit lower section just pulls off if I remember right.

badwolf340
19th January 2015, 06:56 PM
When you go to change the lower trim ,cover up the top of the bumper (where trim meets it) with masking tape as when it comes free there is a chance of marking the paint