PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau bucket seat frame?

davidmacdonald306
18th January 2015, 09:25 PM
I've just bought a corbeau Sprint bucket seat and now need to fit it, any help in this matter is appreciated I.e. what mounts or runners to buy. Thanks in advance.

CiderFex
18th January 2015, 09:31 PM
They are "side mount" seats so you'll need these:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=587

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

Mon the fish
18th January 2015, 09:44 PM
You can get the side mounts to attach to the standard runners, or you can bolt them direct to the floor. Have a look at Lohen's site, they sell sidemounts to fit the Minis foreplan.

Next thing is what are you doing about belts? If you're staying with the stock ones, you need to bolt the belt holster to the runners/sidemounts. Harnesses, you need to think about welding in mounts

davidmacdonald306
22nd January 2015, 01:14 PM
I want to perform a rear seat delete in the near future so harnesses are definitely on the cards but I've only got the one bucket at the mo so I'll need to stick with with stock belts for now. I've seen some universal fitment side mounts claim to fit corbeau for £30 on eBay, worth a shot? Any links to how to's etc regarding rear seat delete would be great, especially how to make the cover.

Mon the fish
22nd January 2015, 01:30 PM
The rear seats are a piece of cake to remove, base just lifts up and then unbolt bracket in middle of backrests.

My delete is ply wrapped in OEM carpet, works a treat. You can buy the GP delete from the dealers, but you need to trim the foam edges to get it to fit (GP rear side panels are different)

davidmacdonald306
22nd January 2015, 02:26 PM
How much is the gp delete from the dealer though? I imagine it would be more cost effective to diy it.

davidmacdonald306
22nd January 2015, 02:27 PM
Do I need to think bout harness points before making?

Mon the fish
22nd January 2015, 02:50 PM
If you buy from a dealer, you can get the foam hidden section for storing stuff. Mine is just a bit of ply over the fuel pump access panels.

On my harnesses, the shoulder straps loop around the roll cage. I've tried 2 things for the lap straps; one is eye bolts drilled into the side mounts, one is Rennline Porsche bits, a bit of metal bolted under the side mounts that creates a loop to clip onto