PDA

View Full Version : Private plates

Eddie_JCW
15th January 2015, 11:38 PM
There's a lot of them on here, some I understand but there's some that throw me.

I've never bought a private plate I acquired one on a Jag XJ6 but it went with the car because it was part of it's history. I don't have one for several reasons 1. I can't afford EDD1E 2. I've not found another that jumps out at me 3. For some reason I like my cars having their original plates because I feel it gives my car an identity.

If you have one what does it represent? If you don't why not? Also what'd be your dream plate?

gauldrymini
15th January 2015, 11:57 PM
Ours represents our surname - MUDIE

It's M1UDE

Craig
16th January 2015, 12:03 AM
Its my Initials. CAD The first part was the lowest number I could get. I bought my sister her number plate which is near identical with the C changed to an L. My other plate was my dads. SC02 for Scotland and GEO as his name was George. Kinda means that my Dad is still with me on runs and shows as we used to go to a lot of shows with his Jags in the past :)

EcosseGP
16th January 2015, 12:13 AM
I can see your point Eddie and I know some hate the thought of putting them on as folk know who's car it is and where they are. Some use it as a status symbol but I've got a few and I'm planning on buying another to put on the next car too.
I've often thought about car related plates but I always felt that if I bought a car related plate I would sell it with the car so I've always avoided that. I wouldn't pay a lot for a plate that's for sure as most folk won't be aware that you never own the plate you only pay for the right to display the plate on the car ! Technically it's owned by the government (DVLA) hence the reason that if its misused it can be removed from your ownership.
All of mine are name related so nothing exciting I'm afraid ...
and I've also got ST07DAV (selling this if anyone's interested)
I'd sell them all for S70UTY ...
I had made enquiries into 999GP last year (you can imagine why) but the owner wanted £10k !
There's plenty of NMS numbers for sale on DVLA if you fancy one ...

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 12:13 AM
Craig your plate was one of those that threw me I'd guessed the SC0 was for Scotland but the GEO puzzled me, now I know. I do think that's a really nice touch and gives you great memories all linked to that one plate on different cars. :)

EcosseGP
16th January 2015, 12:15 AM
^^ I like it too Eddie and had thought about buying it when he put it up for sale a few years ago !!

Neil - TXJ
16th January 2015, 12:26 AM
I wanted a dateless plate without a letter at start or end but as cheap as possible. Looked at Irish plates but obvious they are Irish and then started tracking DVLA auctions. It became obvious that if you had something which was unlikely to be someone's initials you could bid for them relatively cheaply. I therefore just kept my eye open for a plate that would have some reference and went with 22 TXJ. 22 was the number of the house I grew up on and the initials are for Tom and Jamie - my boys names. I then got 222 TXJ for the mini.

It's sad but I do like this picturehttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/15/a4e96f4af1ffb02e848179c1972cce73.jpg

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 12:30 AM
Davy that's some collection you have, you just need more things to put them on lol.

I was looking at JCW plates but like you say it'd be pointless on another car, I guess I could factor it into the price of the next JCW and get a new one with each car, eg. EL65JCW but then people would think I'd stole my dads car lol.

I'm going to end up with one, I'll just need to see if I can find a good one. I am annoyed with myself because I missed out on FA57 EDD a few years back, I regret it now.

£10k wow I'd never spend that on a plate unless I won the lottery and it was EDD1E but I'm sure that'd be worth even more:( :lol:

jdl_1967
16th January 2015, 12:37 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/15/959bc29e010c3719cb57b36e720fcd1f.jpg

Doesn't mean anything, I just liked it as it was short.

john
16th January 2015, 12:47 AM
I have FSK 397 I wanted an ageless plate for my Nissan GTI-R several years ago, I enquired about the reg as it was on a car at a dealers, the car was traded in with the number, I bought the car kept the reg and sold the car for a profit ( result)

when end I bought my MINI GP I bought GP06 FUN from DVLA but left it on the car when I sold it, I now have GP05 FUN on retention ready for my next GP this year.

FSK is on Gaynors A3 cabrio now, and even with transferring it from the Nissan to the several minis and to the Audi it's still not costing a penny thanks to the deal I got when I sold the car it was on.

Mon the fish
16th January 2015, 07:19 AM
Never been bothered with private plates, I give the DVLA enough money every year (over £1k in road tax), not giving them any more. The money the make out of transfers, retention etc is unbelievable.

Also don't want my plate to be something memorable if I'm being naughty... :)

To me, it's just a bit of plastic on the car that I couldn't care less about. Doesn't improve the driving experience to me. Would rather spend the money on the cars themselves.

I quite like driving a Ferrari with the proper old-school prefix numberplate, bit of inverse snobbery I suppose

CiderFex
16th January 2015, 07:38 AM
I've just lost out on MIB 1499 today.

Gutted !!!

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

stoney
16th January 2015, 09:00 AM
S700ONY is mine
And we'll guess :lol:

Christine has C20TNE looks a bit like C Stone

I also have for my work trucks and vans
SB0 8ELT - Strathaven belting belt
RA5 8ELT - Rob a Stone Belt
RS 0 8ELT - Rob stone belt

That's its for now :lol:

EcosseGP
16th January 2015, 09:27 AM
^^ you might have the reg Rob but is ever actually "on" the car lol :):)

You had another short plate too John before the UUU one ... :):)

jdl_1967
16th January 2015, 09:38 AM
I did and changed it after people laughing at it, R5XXY

Angib
16th January 2015, 11:08 AM
I can remember in the 1960s when my mother saw a classified ad in The Times for her initials - 'PMG 1'. My mother would have paid £25 for it, but the seller wanted £50, so she didn't get it. She did realise when she bought what turned out to be her last car that the value of the number plate would have bought her new car outright!

EcosseGP
16th January 2015, 11:39 AM
Lol ... I've had the same discussion with my parents over numbers that they've had and wished they kept on their cars ... If only we'd known at the time what they'd be worth now.

donnaj1dlh
Nae the best photo in the world ..... :D

My Dad also has J1DKH :)

Thinking about buying SB03STY or SB05STY for our Freelander.......

EcosseGP
I did and changed it after people laughing at it, R5XXY

Didn't think you'd burst to that John !!

Craig
16th January 2015, 11:56 AM
I used to own R60 CAD and let it go with a bike I sold.... Doh !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gismo
16th January 2015, 12:07 PM
In the USA i have:-
ALAN NMS

Guess why :Whistle:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/2013_black_jcw/detailing/detail_10.jpg

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 01:44 PM
Alan you'll have to tell us why, it's not obvious :lol:

Some excellent plates on here, and some excellent stories to go with them. There's a lot of us missed out on great plates or just let them go thinking nothing of it.

My dad had EGG 80X on a colt sigma but I think he sold that with the car, shame really because to the right person that would've probably been worth a few bob.

ianking
16th January 2015, 02:08 PM
Ive not got a personal plate but my folks have on their various cars.

I have been offered 999LBX for a very good price by a friend that has owned the number for years but always kept it on retention.

I'm half tempted as its quite an unusual number being 999. The letters mean nothing to me though.

Crombers
16th January 2015, 04:19 PM
12 for my birthday & ARC is me :thumbs up:
The X, well it's what I could get for my modest outlay at the time.
Afterwards it struck me that it's also kinda linked to football in that X for a draw, 1 for a home win & 2 for an away :soccer:

Karen has K19SEV which I picked up from the DVLA at their minimum price. K is obvious, 19th is her birthday & Sara, Emma & Vikki for the girls. Belter I thought :yes nod:

Finally I have an Irish plate ECZ9117 on the Punto that I aquired from an old Beemer that Karen owned.
Plans are to punt this, stick ARC on whatever I replace the Punto with and take the MINI back to it's original Henry Bros birth plate. Always reckon that older cars look best on original plates, originality I suppose. That however comes with the car looking original so apart from the exhaust SH04 will look like a 2004 car all it's days, just my take on it.

How would you sell an Irish plate do you reckon, what's it's value & is there a market place for these?

bry_mini
16th January 2015, 05:40 PM
My parents bought mine for my 21st birthday......just missed out on F1BRY so opted for F7BRY.
Ideal reg would be BRY4N........at a cool £38500 i would have to win the lotto, even then i dont think i could part with that kind of cash for it.

Burple
16th January 2015, 06:18 PM
Someone I know runs a nursery, and they decided to get a private plate to go on their logo'd up 4x4..
We all know what they were trying to achieve.. but the abuse they've had about the possible other meaning has been epic...

The plate: K 1 DSX

They bought it because of the nursery and children : KIDS X
But... well.. y'know! hahahaha :hand:

So be careful with those plates! :hand:

weefossy
16th January 2015, 07:11 PM
I'm a big lover of private regs, have been for years. Have bought the following over the years, mainly as birthday presents.

G2 MJF - me
J2 SVF - mom......was on original min cooper S
J3 SVF - mom's other car
H2 NSF- Neil's for his 18th
N2 CRF - Claire's for her 17th
L2 FRM - " love to" Francis Moore (her hubbie) from Claire
W13 FOS....Wee Foss for Neil's Porsche

Would have loved them all to be number ones, but they were never available, so stuck to 2's

Would love 510 BAN for Sioban and FOS 5 Y for me. Have seen 510 BAN in Birmingham on an old A35.

badwolf340
16th January 2015, 07:53 PM
got my first private plate for my 40Th birthday ,got it for a car we had ordered (triple eight astra) plate was here before the car arrived,so it was V888BTC ,V for Vauxhall, 888 for the builders and BTC because at the time Vauxhall were british touring champions.
after that we stuck with 888 and got Christina V888CHR and then got V888NMS which we put on the clubvan :thumbs up:

MINI William
16th January 2015, 07:58 PM
I'm a big fan of private plates. It adds a little individuality. We have a few plates starting with

Dads- V888BTC which he got for his 40th to go along with his upcoming Astra 888
Mine - WH07 ONE - William Harper Year I passed and first car a MINI ONE
Mums - V888 CHR to match Dads and her Name
Megans - MA03 GOO her nickname
The Vans - V888 NMS goes without saying

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 08:24 PM
I love seeing cars which clearly belong to the same family because you're always looking to see if the have anything different.

There's an R60&R61 which both end in ANY parked on Glasgow road near Maybury think they have a BMW too. (Not been past in the car to flyer one)

I've seen some crackers whilst driving the bus- P155 AFF (or very very similar) on a 911 in Glasgow, SL11LUT on a white Fiesta in Edinburgh, S4 on an A4 (fail) in Edinburgh, among others I can't remember.

DigitalLemming
16th January 2015, 09:07 PM
Never had a private plate, but have looked at them in the past but never came up with one I really liked. It would need to have ARB (my initials) in it somewhere for me to spend the cash. The longer I keep this car though the more likely I am to put a plate on it I think just to try and cover up it's age a teeny bit :)

Reminds me I saw the perfect plate for Megan a few months ago on the M74, can't remember what type of car it was on but it read M4GOO, was hammering down the outside lane as well so right driving style as well :lol:

Scottie
16th January 2015, 09:08 PM
I'm TH02RNE which is my surname. I keep it cause I bought it but I wouldn't really bother if I had my time again with a private reg unless I could get F1ONA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magoo
16th January 2015, 09:25 PM
Never had a private plate, but have looked at them in the past but never came up with one I really liked. It would need to have ARB (my initials) in it somewhere for me to spend the cash. The longer I keep this car though the more likely I am to put a plate on it I think just to try and cover up it's age a teeny bit :)

Reminds me I saw the perfect plate for Megan a few months ago on the M74, can't remember what type of car it was on but it read M4GOO, was hammering down the outside lane as well so right driving style as well :lol:

Me? Hammering down somewhere? No! I don't even know if my car goes over 60 :smilewinkgrin:

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 09:29 PM
Me? Hammering down somewhere? No! I don't even know if my car goes over 60 :smilewinkgrin:

That's the rev counter Megan its x1000 RPM not x10 mph :hand:

Magoo
16th January 2015, 09:41 PM
Aaaw okay.. Well now I understand!

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 09:54 PM
Anyway now that William is not in Gala anymore you'll need to try getting it to 65 :smilewinkgrin: see if you can beat his time for the journey, I bet you can't :lol: :stirpot:

DarnShiv
16th January 2015, 10:06 PM
I would have loved D4RYL, ended up with S500 DAR, which I eventually sold because they wouldn't let me use on the Company car. Siubhan has as close as I could get, for her, S10UBH. Gregor has is eye on G 570 KES

DigitalLemming
16th January 2015, 10:09 PM
Anyway now that William is not in Gala anymore you'll need to try getting it to 65 :smilewinkgrin: see if you can beat his time for the journey, I bet you can't :lol: :stirpot:

Should be easy enough, the post van doesn't reach 50 never mind 60!

marky
16th January 2015, 10:12 PM
Just the cars I have, have 2 E18MRK which is 1987 got for 18th birthday and my name lol
P88lns is my wife's surname, 1988 and Linsey.
Company vans have M.J.P regs just to hide the age of my 2 vans.

gauldrymini
16th January 2015, 10:32 PM
...also have M111UDE (on retention) it was on my white CM

Magoo
16th January 2015, 11:11 PM
Should be easy enough, the post van doesn't reach 50 never mind 60!

http://youtu.be/HiFNt8nGffA

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 11:14 PM
PMSL!!

MINI William
16th January 2015, 11:15 PM
http://youtu.be/HiFNt8nGffA

Ohh your in trouble

Magoo
16th January 2015, 11:17 PM
It was soo worth it!

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 11:18 PM
Ohh your in trouble

I bet you listen to that every day when you're in the bright red van on your way to work :laugh:

Magoo
16th January 2015, 11:20 PM
Oh and it's topical because even postman pat has private plate! PAT 1

DigitalLemming
16th January 2015, 11:22 PM
Now that tunes stuck in my head :p

Found an exclusive photo of William on his way to work!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l184/digitallemming/1_zps784d5a70.jpg

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 11:26 PM
Now that tunes stuck in my head :p

Found an exclusive photo of William on his way to work!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l184/digitallemming/1_zps784d5a70.jpg

Hahahahahaha!!!

Magoo
16th January 2015, 11:27 PM
Hahahaha omg made my day! Can we get this blown up and made into a sticker or something? You distract and I'll put it on the wag wag

Eddie_JCW
16th January 2015, 11:33 PM
Hahahaha omg made my day! Can we get this blown up and made into a sticker or something? You distract and I'll put it on the wag wag

The scary thing is he'll actually be proud of it :lol:

badwolf340
17th January 2015, 08:27 AM
Just saw this and ROFL

MINI William
17th January 2015, 10:54 AM
:laugh: Theres nothing wrong with my WagonR

EcosseGP
17th January 2015, 04:13 PM
Maybe a wee private number for that too William .. W4GON or W46ONR

Craig
17th January 2015, 05:28 PM
Or P57 PAT .... PO57 PAT ..... PMSL :)

CraigR53
18th January 2015, 02:35 PM
My second name being: Sturgeon

My dream plate would be "S7RGN" but some stupid wee fiesta has it some where :ragin:

Rob Gavin
18th January 2015, 04:25 PM
The wife and i have matching plates, R6AVN and P6AVN. A bit tacky sometimes, particularly when we are both out together. My folks had 40GGG and 30GGG when i was young and i suppose got used to having them.

One benefit is covering up the age of my car. Its fooled more than a few people including a client with a 3digit plate and plenty of money

I suppose GAV1N would be good. A friend of my dad did have GAV11N years ago which was pretty good at the time.

Gez
18th January 2015, 04:37 PM
I was very close to buying F3 JDT. However, my plates a NI one and I actually quite like it. Everyone seems to think Im called gavin or something though haha. If only GEZ4672 stood for gavin born on 4/6/72...no that old though

Mon the fish
18th January 2015, 05:04 PM
I'm just not that fussed about covering up the age of my cars, doesn't bother me what people think

donnaj1dlh
18th January 2015, 05:14 PM
The wife and i have matching plates, R6AVN and P6AVN. A bit tacky sometimes, particularly when we are both out together. My folks had 40GGG and 30GGG when i was young and i suppose got used to having them.

One benefit is covering up the age of my car. Its fooled more than a few people including a client with a 3digit plate and plenty of money

I suppose GAV1N would be good. A friend of my dad did have GAV11N years ago which was pretty good at the time.

Me and my ol' man, many years ago. Dad had the 5dr, me the 3dr
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Donnaj1dlh/car/Picture001.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Donnaj1dlh/media/car/Picture001.jpg.html)

Gez
18th January 2015, 05:15 PM
I agree with you. But at the same time its interesting (and quite funny)when people who dont know MINIs are surprised that mines will be 12 this june

Rob Gavin
18th January 2015, 05:36 PM
Me and my ol' man, many years ago. Dad had the 5dr, me the 3dr
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Donnaj1dlh/car/Picture001.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Donnaj1dlh/media/car/Picture001.jpg.html)

306 Dturbo....probably the car the got me into TDs. Same colour and the gti6 wheels as well

donnaj1dlh
18th January 2015, 05:49 PM
I had two 306s .... the 1.9Dturbo and then the 2.0HDI DTurbo. I can't see past my diesel Pugs (had four in the end) would have one again in a minute. Brilliant cars. I loved my cyclone wheels.

John Martin
20th January 2015, 10:52 AM
Was thinking go getting this one as the car is a 'S' 4 FUN what do you think?

EcosseGP
20th January 2015, 12:31 PM
That's not bad John ... Could always get S44 NMS :)

zimbo
20th January 2015, 01:04 PM
Seen a few that I would like that have been on the DVLA site for a few years now and sometimes I am tempted to email them to see if they would take a cheeky wee offer for any of them, but then tell myself 'yeah right, like they would do that...' :rolleyes:

£400 might not seem like a lot of money to some people BUT to me it's a massive amount. :frown:

Mon the fish
20th January 2015, 01:23 PM
Maybe it's just me, but SS has a whole world of connotations...

weefossy
20th January 2015, 04:36 PM
Mike Cooper used to have (may still have) H15 FUN on his original BRG mini Cooper S

John Martin
20th January 2015, 04:41 PM
Maybe it's just me, but SS has a whole world of connotations...

Aye suppose Sex Slave is a bit iffy in the world today.:hand:

Mon the fish
20th January 2015, 04:47 PM
Was thinking more 1930s Germany tbh...

John Martin
20th January 2015, 05:07 PM
Was thinking more 1930s Germany tbh...

Aye got that first time:smilewinkgrin:

Ianstwt_r59
13th April 2015, 12:34 PM
I have X14NJS which stands for ian j s 5678

thechief
13th April 2015, 04:30 PM
I've got 3 plates

EM55 HAL - Wife's called Emma, Maiden name Hall.
6 FRD - Son's name is Freddie, another 13.5 years till he can use it!
BF 41 - my initials, 41 doesn't mean anything.

EcosseGP
13th April 2015, 05:40 PM
I spend too much money on other things so can't afford a private registration lol !!!

thechief
13th April 2015, 11:00 PM
Out of all the daft stuff I've spent money on, my plates probably give me most satisfaction!

Blueboy
14th April 2015, 02:59 AM
Used to buy and sell plates, great fun and sometimes you get lucky, only got two left now
WSG1R doesnt stand for anything, bought it over 10 years ago, nice wee old style short plate that can legally be displayed that size without getting a tug from plod, and MOT friendly
T3MMP bought it from a guy I know, thought about trying to flog it to a job agency and looks like Temp!
Both on retention! My dad has YAG9 bought it for peanuts over 35 years ago

John Martin
15th April 2015, 09:09 PM
Well splashed the cash and got GP54FUN for the Gp of course as we all know that GP's are 4 FUN.:smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
27th April 2015, 11:22 AM
'Personally'... I was never a fan of private plates - until the New MINI came out and I got my Cooper in 2001. The car was so good and (more than it is now due to passage of time and proliferation) just so out of the ordinary, that I thought it could get away with a personal plate. Really glad I did it as G3 ELF has been on three MINIs now and I think it actually adds something to the car. I wouldn't put it on my wee Skoda Fabia as I think it would look a bit 'out of place'.

The plate is just my initials, coupled with my 'lucky' number 3. But as a huge guitar fan, there's a bonus - one of my fave guitarists Joe Satriani has an occasional 'get together' with other top axemen like Steve Vai, John Petrucci (Dream Theater) etc for tours and general guitar genius-ing, and they'll go under the name 'G3' (there's always three of 'em!).

So that's the (rather long-winded) story behind 'G3 ELF'.
Oh, that and the fact that I am actually an Elf.

EcosseGP
27th April 2015, 04:06 PM
What a great story Euan, always good to hear how some things come about ... I've got to say I'm with you and agree it really does suit the car :):)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
28th April 2015, 08:40 PM
Cheers my good man! :thumbs up:
The plate is definitely part of the car, as much as any other 'mod' which has been carried out - it's certainly one of the more visible ones :smilewinkgrin:

john
28th April 2015, 09:05 PM
Well splashed the cash and got GP54FUN for the Gp of course as we all know that GP's are 4 FUN.:smilewinkgrin:

I had GP06 FUN I now have GP05 FUN

ELFMAN
28th April 2015, 10:00 PM
I had GP06 FUN I now have GP05 FUN

Is that depreciation then? :smilewinkgrin:

geomac79
28th April 2015, 10:33 PM
My plate is JM02 GEO, JM is my wifes initials 02 for the 2 kids and GEO for me, also had N99 GEO but let that go with a car I had.

Big Gordy
28th April 2015, 10:34 PM
We have S15 HYS which stands for S 15HY S as my missus is known as Ishy :thumbs up:
My 1st car was WWG 135 followed by YUP 76L. My dad had DMS 4C on his original mini cooper 's'

Andy
29th April 2015, 12:25 AM
Mines is my initials and number is my birthday 5709

john
29th April 2015, 08:42 PM
Is that depreciation then? :smilewinkgrin:

Could be :thumbs up:

John Martin
6th May 2015, 05:21 PM
Any one know how long DVLA take to send out the new V5 or some confirmation as to when you can fit the new plates?

Cheers
John.

EcosseGP
6th May 2015, 06:33 PM
Yeah it'll take about 14 days John if that helps it's a nightmare now ...

simonfr
6th May 2015, 07:16 PM
The transfer of my plate took 7 working days (or 9 elapsed days) from the point it was posted out until the V5C was returned. This was in the last 3 weeks.

miiinee
22nd September 2015, 04:38 PM
I have this.

And in two days' time, I'll even have a car to attach it to!

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/miiinee/IMG_2667.jpg

MINI William
30th September 2015, 08:41 PM
Great plate.

EcosseGP
30th September 2015, 08:42 PM
Yeah great plate and what car will you be putting it on ?

Eddie_JCW
30th September 2015, 10:03 PM
If you could make sure I'm working too that would be great :thumbs up:

MrMischief
30th September 2015, 11:40 PM
Mine are quite simple, S60ORA, S G DORA - my name & C10 SGD which was a wee bonus prezzie to my wife on our wedding day, both our initials, CID & SGD.

My folks have D6RAS & D9RAS...

Saw T175 OOT advertised years ago for £250 & wished I'd grabbed it...pretty sure a quick call to The Sun would've had a few offers :hand:

Davesminis
3rd October 2015, 10:06 AM
I have got SM51DAV. My wife bought it for me the SM being for smith. However, my youth group said it stood for smiley Dave. Either way I am happy. Would love to have DAV1D or SM11THS but both were a fortune last time they were for sale. Quite like the number plates but as with most folk I wouldn't spend a huge amount on them.

Borvad
4th October 2015, 11:13 AM
Heres mine, pre spotlights
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/PropriusEmendo/Cooper%20S/IMG_2714_zpsf0rpraau.jpg (http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/PropriusEmendo/media/Cooper%20S/IMG_2714_zpsf0rpraau.jpg.html)

Represents my first name and initial of surname David R

My ideal plate?? Hmmmmm I remember when I was looking into it I wanted it to show David as much as possbile, I think I found D4 VID but you were talking about seriously funny money!!