PDA

View Full Version : Insurance money finally came in!!!

Hmfc1874
15th January 2015, 03:02 AM
Hi folks, my insurance money finally came on from my mini write off..... Bit annoyed with how long it's taken and that they've cleared the remaining payments of my insurance and subbed that off what they paid out leaving me with even less money to play with but hey ho.... Iv got £4500 to play with and I'm struggling to find a mini I love :( can anyone help me? I'm in fife but willing to travel for the right car, I just don't know where to start, it took me ages to find my first mini and this won't be much different I fear. The money came in about an hour ago and iv been online ever since checking for a replacement. Would have preferred an r53 but I'm totally open to suggestion.

Craig
15th January 2015, 09:23 AM
Davy !!! Could be a perfect fit for your car mate 😃.

Do you like Electric Blue with White roof ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
15th January 2015, 09:54 AM
You wouldn't go wrong with Davys car. A perfect and lovely example of an R53.

Pleased that you have now had your payout

jdl_1967
15th January 2015, 01:28 PM
Another vote for Davy's car, extremely well looked after and looks fantastic.

badwolf340
15th January 2015, 02:18 PM
You would be mad not to consider one/any of Davy's car's

gauldrymini
15th January 2015, 03:03 PM
Davy's EB Cooper S looked mint when I saw it last, seems to be a fella that likes to look after cars...he really should get into detailing cars :smilewinkgrin:

EcosseGP
15th January 2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks all for the comments appreciate the kind words ...
The car is in better condition than some that's for sure but it's not my "mint" lol.
It is however in great mechanical shape that's for sure and I'm happy to consider any sensible offer on it.
Thinking about moving on to an R56 JCW or Clubby soon anyway.

gauldrymini
15th January 2015, 04:58 PM
Thinking about moving on to an R56 JCW or Clubby soon anyway.

...deep down you really want an F55 :smilewinkgrin: :stirpot:

Hmfc1874
15th January 2015, 07:20 PM
Davy is your car on the forum? And what's it priced at? X x

EcosseGP
15th January 2015, 07:36 PM
Hannah no it's not advertised for sale anywhere at the mo. I was/am looking to change it but not officially put it up for sale. If you're interested and want some details then I can certainly provide you with as much or as little info as you'd like.
You've got PM ...

EcosseGP
15th January 2015, 07:39 PM
Here's a quick photo of it at one of the last meets ... but I've got loads of it on the PC.
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/934cd4f01bddb9bd4f9e443f84b90b1d.jpg

Hmfc1874
15th January 2015, 07:57 PM
It's beautiful :) iv messaged you back Davy and sent u my email address if you could put together a wee spec list and your price in mind etc. Now all I need to do is pray that you find a replacement soon so I can relieve this one from you ;) x x

Eddie_JCW
15th January 2015, 08:02 PM
Don't worry about him he's got another one he can use :laugh: :smilewinkgrin:

That R53 is the tidiest most looked after one on here, no offence to any R53 owners but it is.

Craig
15th January 2015, 08:23 PM
I'd like to argue with you Eddie but I can't :)

Eddie_JCW
15th January 2015, 08:26 PM
I'd like to argue with you Eddie but I can't :)

You could but only because he helps with yours too, helps by keeping you away from hammers :lol:

Craig
15th January 2015, 08:49 PM
You could but only because he helps with yours too, helps by keeping you away from hammers :lol:

Too true ! :)

Hmfc1874
17th January 2015, 08:15 PM
Well folks, you'll be pleased to know I went to see davys wee beaut and it's now taking pride of place on my driveway 😂😂 happier than a pig in s**t so I am :) x x x

Craig
17th January 2015, 08:20 PM
Fantastic news ! You've got a belter there :). All the best with it and I'm glad it's stayed in the club.

See you at a meet hopefully :)

gauldrymini
17th January 2015, 08:21 PM
Excellent result...:thumbs up:

Craig
17th January 2015, 08:21 PM
Davy will be getting the bus tho as the GP isn't allowed out when it's cold and dark !! PMSL :)

Hmfc1874
17th January 2015, 08:26 PM
Hahahaha, he did say the other one doesn't get out much lol. Hope he likes the bus 😂
Yeh il deffo see you all at a meet soon. Wanting to get the wheels changed to white but will get used to driving it a bit first x x

DigitalLemming
17th January 2015, 08:38 PM
Brilliant, you've got a cracking car there and it's great to see it with another NMS member.

So then Davy, what you buying? R56 JCW?

EcosseGP
17th January 2015, 08:43 PM
Hannah great to meet you and it's great to see someone as happy as I usually am when I buy a car.
I don't mind getting the bus lol ... Now it's my turn to do the searching !
Like the others have said it's great to see the car staying in the club and I'm sure the wee buggy will give you lots of happy miles. It'll be great to see it at a meet too once you've added your touches !
Another road trip could be on the cards big fella ...
Andrew - I can't disclose at the mo what it will be but I would think the letters JCW will appear somewhere !
It's actually taken me a bit by surprise but there's someone else with a big smile on their face tonight and a wee EB MINI up her drive.

MINI William
17th January 2015, 08:44 PM
A better car there is not. In sure you won't be disappointed. Hopefully see you at a meet soon

Hmfc1874
17th January 2015, 09:21 PM
Honestly I haven't stopped grinning :) my old man had a good rake about at it when I was away taking you home Davy and he even said it's a cracker of a motor (which says a lot coz he's anally retentive and very fussy at best!) I'm going to have lots of fun with this one, I can't wait to add my own wee touches to it, honestly so so chuffed! 👍x x

Craig
17th January 2015, 09:38 PM
Road trip !!!! Cannae wait mate, the further the better :) :lol:

EcosseGP
17th January 2015, 10:53 PM
Hannah I'm glad you like it ... I don't feel as bad now it's been approved by your dad. It has genuinely been looked after and wanted for nothing and I'm sure you'll continue with what it's been used to. Like I said add your wee touches and show it off at a meet or two you'll be made to feel more than welcome.
Maybe stretch a two day trip out of it ... We could try and have another look for your wallet on the way :):)

Craig
17th January 2015, 11:17 PM
Aye, 2 day trip would be good but searching round toilets would get us a bad name! Lol

Eddie_JCW
18th January 2015, 12:44 AM
Well folks, you'll be pleased to know I went to see davys wee beaut and it's now taking pride of place on my driveway 😂😂 happier than a pig in s**t so I am :) x x x

Well done! You have got a fantastic car, if he asks for a shot tell him after he gives you a go of the GP :p

Hmfc1874
18th January 2015, 12:45 AM
Well done! You have got a fantastic car, if he asks for a shot tell him after he gives you a go of the GP :p

😂😂😂😂😂 aye, did you see that, a wee pig just flew by......I hear that GP doesn't get out much hahahaha!! X

Craig
18th January 2015, 12:47 AM
���������� aye, did you see that, a wee pig just flew by......I hear that GP doesn't get out much hahahaha!! X

it gets out to go for it's MOT, get a wash and then it's back in the garage... lol

Eddie_JCW
18th January 2015, 12:49 AM
it gets out to go for it's MOT, get a wash and then it's back in the garage... lol

Does he vacuum seal it and wrap it in bubble wrap? In case a spec of dust hits it! :lol:

Craig
18th January 2015, 12:52 AM
he's got one of These (http://www.carcoon.com/) Eddie. ;)

Eddie_JCW
18th January 2015, 01:02 AM
I don't want to believe that, but for some reason I don't doubt it for a second :lol:

EcosseGP
18th January 2015, 02:32 AM
PMSL ... Oh you lot are so funny. :):)

CiderFex
18th January 2015, 04:26 AM
Funny, but soooo true.
:p
Glad you got sorted in the end Hannah.
:cool:
The wee S is a stunning little motor and I hope to see you and it at some point this year.
When you turn up in it I'm sure that Davy will be all o'er it with a microfibre and his detailing spray.
:)

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

Mon the fish
18th January 2015, 08:42 AM
Nowt wrong with having a carcoon!

What colour is the interior in this? I've got a full set of lapis blue leather seats that might look good in this ;)

Mon the fish
18th January 2015, 08:44 AM
How many miles did the GP do last year between MOTs? My JCW did 1200, beat that lol

Gismo
18th January 2015, 08:54 AM
Excellent, now you need a new signature :smilewinkgrin:

badwolf340
18th January 2015, 11:27 AM
Glad to hear you are all sorted,a better car you could not have bought . Be good to see you at one of our meets and mind and no get the wee buggy dirty :hand:

EcosseGP
18th January 2015, 12:14 PM
We'll need to make sure the meets all have a B&Q nearby just so I can get a bucket !!

Craig
18th January 2015, 12:15 PM
Very true !! :) :)

Hmfc1874
18th January 2015, 12:18 PM

I'm a massive marvel/old school iron man fan so iv already added my first wee touch :)

Just away to have a look at changing the wheels to white and I think that'll do me for now. I couldn't insure it til hastings opened at 10am....so that's it all done and that's me away my first proper run in it. Cannot wait to get this wee thing out for a scoot! Thanks for all your help guys, and u will deffo see me at the next meet :)

DigitalLemming
18th January 2015, 12:18 PM
We'll need to make sure the meets all have a B&Q nearby just so I can get a bucket !!

Just think how many buckets you could get in a JCW Clubbie.... hmmm now do we know anybody with JCW Clubbie for sale....

CiderFex
18th January 2015, 12:21 PM
That's what you do anyways isn't it ??
;)
Maybe a "Bucket Run" will be appearing in the events section shortly.

EcosseGP
18th January 2015, 12:21 PM
Oh the first mod has been done and the next is in the pipeline ... A true MINI owner lol.
Yeah I know but just think of the noise from all those buckets rattling Andrew lol :)

CiderFex
18th January 2015, 12:23 PM
.....I'm sure they could be padded out with a few hundred of your mf cloths Davy.
:)

EcosseGP
18th January 2015, 12:33 PM
I'd need to have a separate bag for all the handles that I'd need to remove first.
MF cloths padding out buckets .. They'll get marked lol :):)

CiderFex
18th January 2015, 01:19 PM

Hmfc1874
18th January 2015, 09:54 PM
Actually cannot wipe this smile off my face.....just been to livi to drop off my mate.....someone in a new fiesta st tried to have me on at the traffic lights, now normally I wouldn't have been able to properly smoke him if I was in my old mini and I would have given as good as I got and just let him win......holy moly can this thing shift!! To say He was left embarrassed is an understatement......never laughed so much :) I'm in love with this wee beaut 😂 x x

Craig
18th January 2015, 09:59 PM
Ha ha - yeah it's certainly a quick wee car :). Beat my Conv a few times :)

MINI William
18th January 2015, 10:36 PM
Great that you love the car. It sure is a lovely car

Mon the fish
19th January 2015, 08:40 AM
Is this stock?

weefossy
19th January 2015, 08:14 PM
Great buy Hannah.....always loved that colour.
Do me a wee favour please. After you've had a good day out, post up some pictures with loads of dirt and salt and show us what the car should really look like....lol

Eddie_JCW
19th January 2015, 08:21 PM
^^^^^ this!! :lol: I'm sure Davy will be having nightmares at the thought. Please do it :laugh:

Hmfc1874
19th January 2015, 09:20 PM
Hahaha, it's going a run up the pentlands tomorrow to see the folks so I'm sure itl be minging by the time it gets there...I'm sure Davy will freak when he sees it :) not to worry, itl be getting a wash as soon as it gets home. Think his OCD rubbed off a bit, iv even been cleaning the floor mats coz they were covered in my salty footprints 😂 x

Mon the fish
19th January 2015, 09:43 PM
^^ yeah except for the custom exhaust Gordon but it genuinely pulls like a train ...
I'd have been happy to take on anything in it especially in the twisties ;)
I'll see what I can find out Ali ...
Good to see you've still got that grin Hannah .. I did tell you !!
Wasn't sure if it had a pulley or not. Some R53s are stronger than others, especially with the facelift charger and ratios

EcosseGP
19th January 2015, 11:37 PM
Great buy Hannah.....always loved that colour.
Do me a wee favour please. After you've had a good day out, post up some pictures with loads of dirt and salt and show us what the car should really look like....lol

Indeed she will not Malcolm (and stop the encouragement Eddie) ... I'm starting to break out in a sweat at just the thought of it !!

Eddie_JCW
20th January 2015, 12:30 AM
Hannah I'm sure he'll be inspecting it at every NMS event/run you're at. He's glad I've not got it because he knows how clean my car normally is :lol: Davy you'd keel over if you seen my car just now :yes nod:

EcosseGP
20th January 2015, 01:06 AM
I can imagine Eddie and I'm not even going to think about it ...
I'm sure Hannah will take good care of her car and the way she's going is it'll be cleaner than when I had it :)

Hmfc1874
20th January 2015, 02:52 AM
If it was acceptable to wash ur car in minus degrees at 2am I would be out there right now cleaning the mats and washing it again from top to bottom, I'm not a fan of it covered in salt and crap 😂 think the OCD has definitely gotten a grip of me! X

Hmfc1874
20th January 2015, 02:54 AM
Hannah I'm sure he'll be inspecting it at every NMS event/run you're at. He's glad I've not got it because he knows how clean my car normally is :lol: Davy you'd keel over if you seen my car just now :yes nod:

Il need to stock up on microfibre cloths and gloves for his regular car inspections 😂

Neil - TXJ
20th January 2015, 01:39 PM
Il need to stock up on microfibre cloths and gloves for his regular car inspections 😂

Wouldn't bother with that. Just use a car wash - the ones with big rotating brushes are best lol.

Craig
20th January 2015, 03:12 PM
Neil !!!! Stop it !!!! I've just had to call an ambulance to Davy's .... Lol

Don't worry Hannah, I'm sure some of us cod give the car a wee clean for you :)

CiderFex
20th January 2015, 03:17 PM
^^^^^
Sounds a bit fishy to me Craig.

Eddie_JCW
20th January 2015, 04:02 PM
PMSL!!

weefossy
20th January 2015, 04:23 PM
Just been out cleaning The Beast......it was so dirty, I had to use the yard broom to get the heavy stuff off. :thumbs up:

Hmfc1874
22nd January 2015, 06:01 PM

Mats a bit dirty 😂😂😂😂😂

DigitalLemming
22nd January 2015, 06:17 PM

Mats a bit dirty ����������

Is that the sound of Davy passing out I just heard?! :lol:

CiderFex
22nd January 2015, 06:45 PM
Apparently he's been at the back of his man cave breathing into a brown paper bag for the last 45 minutes.

Craig
22nd January 2015, 08:32 PM
nevermind the mat, whit aboot the colour of the pedals !!! :lol:

lucky he's not got a car right now, or Hannah might be getting "a visit" Ha Ha ;)

EcosseGP
22nd January 2015, 08:38 PM
OMG I've never seen the car mats so dirty ... as for the pedals !!!
Looks like I'll need to "borrow" a car and pack some cleaning stuff ...
Pete I've had to get a bin bag out for this one !!
Looks like it's been getting used that's for sure ... Think I'll need to get a wee carpet mat for you Hannah to carry about so that you can wipe your feet on getting in :):)

Hmfc1874
22nd January 2015, 09:04 PM
Iv been driving to clients all day, in and out of snow and crap, I got in the car on my last run and looked at the mat and thought to myself "Christ if only Davy could see this" 😂 straight home to wash it out, don't panic hahaha!! X x

CiderFex
23rd January 2015, 01:18 AM
LMAO

stoney
23rd January 2015, 07:52 AM
I.think I.passed you on Tuesday I was heading back fromMaybole would have been about.4:30ish you where heading towards the roundabout at ayr
I.was.in my.work van tho

Hmfc1874
23rd January 2015, 11:08 AM
Saw Me? Na I wasn't near ayr on Tuesday. I was down at the docks in Rosyth on Tuesday (it's not as bad as it sounds 😂) haha! X

EcosseGP
23rd January 2015, 12:17 PM
PMSL ... Lucky you clarified that straight away Hannah :)

Hmfc1874
23rd January 2015, 01:21 PM
Hahaha! I have to be very careful with what I say, I'm a masseuse when I'm not working at sky, so if i rock up on here saying I was down at the dockyard without explaining myself I'm pretty sure I would have some very funny looks hahaha!
Ul be pleased to know that it's my day off and iv just washed the car, inside and out. No more dirty mats or pedals ;) x

EcosseGP
23rd January 2015, 01:42 PM
... And I can't start breathing again :)

Hmfc1874
23rd January 2015, 02:10 PM
Nice and shiny til the rain started :) 5576

CiderFex
23rd January 2015, 03:16 PM
Very nice.
:cool:
Davy, are you O.K. ?
Davy ?
Davy ??
DAVY ??
:eek:

Eddie_JCW
24th January 2015, 12:04 AM
Anyone heard from Davy? Hannah I think you've finished him off... :lol:

Craig
24th January 2015, 12:15 AM
It's ok, I've been to see him in the hospital, they had to prize an orange bucket and a microfiber wash mitt out of his hands.... He was screaming "Ma Car, Ma Car" whilst trying to hitchhike on the road to Kincardine Bridge... He will be ok after a few days of cleaning my cars :)

Eddie_JCW
24th January 2015, 12:17 AM
PMSL!!

Hmfc1874
24th January 2015, 12:39 AM
Poor Davy, he's getting it tight.
I do feel like I need to keep it extra clean though since the OCD stickers still on the back 😂 x

CiderFex
24th January 2015, 11:01 AM
PMSL Craig.
I don't think that sticker put on as information Hannah, it was an instruction.
;)

Hmfc1874
24th January 2015, 11:12 AM
PMSL Craig.
I don't think that sticker put on as information Hannah, it was an instruction.
;)

Pmsl

Eddie_JCW
24th January 2015, 01:52 PM
I'm surprised he didn't include a care manual

1. Always carry 2 buckets, water, car shampoo, hose, wash mitt, and a load of microfibres.
2. Always wash and kiss good night before going to sleep
3. Never leave alone for more than 3 hours as the car gets lonely
4. Don't park next to a dirty car
5. Don't drive it when wet, windy or anything other than a dry day
6. Always remember to tell the car you love it more than anything else and it's the best MINI ever.

:lol:

stoney
24th January 2015, 02:02 PM
PMSL
You forgot to say you have to wash it everyday even.if it's dark out side

I'm surprised he didn't include a care manual

1. Always carry 2 buckets, water, car shampoo, hose, wash mitt, and a load of microfibres.
2. Always wash and kiss good night before going to sleep
3. Never leave alone for more than 3 hours as the car gets lonely
4. Don't park next to a dirty car
5. Don't drive it when wet, windy or anything other than a dry day
6. Always remember to tell the car you love it more than anything else and it's the best MINI ever.

:lol:

Eddie_JCW
24th January 2015, 02:04 PM
PMSL
You forgot to say you have to wash it everyday even.if it's dark out side

I also forgot to include - if the weather is looking like it may be bad get a lift from Craig :P lol

EcosseGP
24th January 2015, 05:48 PM
PMSL ... I'm glad to see that I'm the source of entertainment !
Just discharged myself from hospital but good to hear that it's all sorted and the car is clean again. It's always good to see a clean car especially during the bad weather !
It's never too dark to wash a car ... Just ask the big fella who bailed me out after I washed the car at 1.30 in the morning. The neighbours have given up with me lol.
I can't believe you only put 6 points up there Eddie ;)

Craig
24th January 2015, 08:21 PM
Aye that image of you holding up the garage door trying to make sure it didn't fall on the GP was hilarious :)

CiderFex
24th January 2015, 08:45 PM
You forgot the "must get hotel room with window facing the GP".

Craig
24th January 2015, 09:02 PM
You forgot the "must get hotel room with window facing the GP".

And an emergency exit close to the hotel room that's also close to the car should you hear glass breaking :)

CiderFex
24th January 2015, 09:06 PM
lol

EcosseGP
25th January 2015, 05:39 PM
PMSL ... Of course that's always in my special requests section on hotel notes !!

Mon the fish
26th January 2015, 01:35 PM
PMSL ... Of course that's always in my special requests section on hotel notes !!
You're missing a trick - stay at hotels that give you your own lockable garage ;)