PDA

View Full Version : reduced pulley

marky
14th January 2015, 08:11 PM
Where would be the best place to get a reduced pulley fitted. I know sitech is prob the best place t o get it done but a bit on the expensive side. Phoned around a couple of garages but as now no luck.
Any one have any recommendations?

Gogs
14th January 2015, 08:19 PM
A friend of mine had his pulley fitted at B for BMW in Clydebank. I've not used them personally but he hasn't had any problems since fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
14th January 2015, 08:21 PM
If you can stand by a couple of weeks I'll probably be able to give you some info on it ...
You supplying the pulley and belt ?

marky
14th January 2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah ill supply the pulley and belt. Also anyone fitted a new crank pulley?

badwolf340
14th January 2015, 08:51 PM
Where would be the best place to get a reduced pulley fitted. I know sitech is prob the best place t o get it done but a bit on the expensive side. Phoned around a couple of garages but as now no luck.
Any one have any recommendations?

must admit never found Sitech to be dear and Simon only charges for time/labour used, found him to be very competive for fitting the coilovers

marky
14th January 2015, 09:09 PM
must admit never found Sitech to be dear and Simon only charges for time/labour used, found him to be very competive for fitting the coilovers

Maybe am just expecting to much, to cheaply lol

badwolf340
14th January 2015, 09:24 PM
Maybe am just expecting to much, to cheaply lol
Nope you are doing the right thing in finding something you are happy with

stoney
14th January 2015, 09:25 PM
Just out of interest how much has he quoted there is performance tek I. Glasgow you could try as well

Mon the fish
14th January 2015, 10:24 PM
I would be wary of changing the crank pulley. Some have done it and had no problems, but there's a reason the stock one is damped. I wouldn't risk it IMO, just pick the pulley size for the charger that suits your needs.

Then the intercooler, manifold, cam, injectors, tune...

marky
15th January 2015, 12:06 AM
£360 from sitech. Had. An email back from the mill garage. Done a few from mog. They were the same price. Just curious to see an average price.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be wary of changing the crank pulley. Some have done it and had no problems, but there's a reason the stock one is damped. I wouldn't risk it IMO, just pick the pulley size for the charger that suits your needs.

Then the intercooler, manifold, cam, injectors, tune...

That's for the advice. Already have the grs intercooler, might start looking at cams and injectors then.

Caldean
18th January 2015, 12:08 AM
A would like to know also who would be able to fit at a competive price