PDA

View Full Version : Front Grille Swap

westwing
13th January 2015, 07:12 PM
Hi guys looking at this front grille - http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/mini-parts/info_BM51_13_0_140_259K.html what i understand it is tricky to fit. Wondering if you know of anyone you know who would undertake the task for me? Happy to pay a fair price to have it done of course. My car is a 53" standard cooper S
-G

badwolf340
13th January 2015, 07:47 PM
Link not working

DigitalLemming
13th January 2015, 07:57 PM
This should be the right link http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/mini-parts/info_BM51_13_0_140_259K.html

I've got no clue how to fit it though!

Craig
13th January 2015, 08:08 PM
The top grille is straight forward if a bit fiddly (dinnae drop the nuts eh Davy ! Lol)

The bottom grill either needs the tabs to be cut back and it then glued in place or slits cut in the bumper for the longer tabs to slot into. Pain to do tbh.... Not done one just know of others that have done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
13th January 2015, 09:03 PM
As Craig says we've done a few of these now and it's not a big job ... (Aye right big fella don't think I dropped any nuts from that job did I ?) ! The bottom one won't fit the standard R53 bumper and needs a fair bit of modification to get it to fit. You can buy one that is already modified and will fit without any hassle.
Craig's convertible has one that came with slightly wider holes in it and was a straight swap done in 10 minutes it was a wee bit extra but worth the extra for the ease in fitting.
I'd order new nuts and washers though if you're getting one ... They are only a couple of pounds and mean your new grille fits tightly.

westwing
13th January 2015, 10:37 PM
great advice, just what i was needing to hear, will definitley go for the one which is pre-modified. i'm sorry to ask yet another question; do you know where i could find one like that? again very grateful for your responses! :)

Craig
13th January 2015, 11:15 PM
I'm sure Lohen sold a pre modified kit did they not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk