PDA

View Full Version : Stirling?

Monsta Mo Mini
9th September 2004, 06:56 PM
A mate of mine is starting Uni in Stirling next month so about to start looking for a flat to rent but doesn't really know the town.

Can any of you out there recommend an area of town which has good access to public transport, pubs etc and isn't surrounded by Buckfast dependent neighbours and neds.

Even better if you know of someone who has a flat to rent. he's a mature student (34) and is financially secure having just sold his flat in Embra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GAJ
9th September 2004, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

he's a mature student

Surely an oxymoron...:clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
9th September 2004, 08:32 PM
Too true!

Big Col
9th September 2004, 09:06 PM
Bridge of Allan is near the uni but probably quite expensive. The Raploch is a place to avoid. To be honest most of the rest of the town is ok. The Corton Vale area is a bit shifty but not too bad.

broken_brian
9th September 2004, 11:31 PM
its not just the raploch that he should avoid there is the cornton st ninians and infact pretty much all of it cos of the buckie drinking neds. braehead is also one of the better areas as well roumd about the town center is probly bout the best area to be tho and as for pubs there are loads of em and there are plenty of buses that go to the uni from all over stirling

ps: big col. cornton vale is the prison not the area so there :p:clown:

Big Col
9th September 2004, 11:35 PM
I meant the area around the prison bawheid! Like saying "the St. Enoch centre area" or "the old course area". Smart arse! :p

Wul
10th September 2004, 12:20 AM
Heh - I once fell asleep after a stag night in a drunken stupor in the middle of the raploch - was woken by an old couple out walking their dog at 1am and unbelievably my wallet was still in my pocket - with money in it! :eek:

Can't remeber the area name but the area running from Tesco to the Uni past the Silver Tassie(RIP?) always seemed a decent area.

Scottie
10th September 2004, 12:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Heh - I once fell asleep after a stag night in a drunken stupor in the middle of the raploch - was woken by an old couple out walking their dog at 1am and unbelievably my wallet was still in my pocket - with money in it! :eek:

Can't remeber the area name but the area running from Tesco to the Uni past the Silver Tassie(RIP?) always seemed a decent area.
Would that be causewayhead:D