PDA

View Full Version : The White Stripes . . . .

CooperTrooper
8th September 2004, 11:13 PM
'K

ive been dithering over gettin stripes or not for ages, but ive decided before i leave work today, im gonna order a set over the net from somewhere.

Can anyone advise me on where is the best price/delivery?

I assume the 8.99 ebay ones r rubbish?

Any help on purchasing / stickin on appreicated!

:cool:

Burple
8th September 2004, 11:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by CooperTrooper

'K
ive been dithering over gettin stripes or not for ages, but ive decided before i leave work today, im gonna order a set over the net from somewhere.

So you're in Glasgow..
Why not give John from Apex a call...in Edinburgh... quite reasonable... and they'll fit em too if you like.. :D

Everyone on here has been happy with his supplies! :D
(including me!)

Julz
9th September 2004, 12:09 AM
Definately give John at Apex a phone (0131 657 3630) and I'm sure he'll help you out, does some very nice roof decals and even mirror decals too!!;):D

CooperTrooper
9th September 2004, 12:10 AM
lnl,

yeah, ive read about john @ apex, sounds good, but just not got the time to get over there . . . .

how much, out of interest does he charge supply and fit?

CooperTrooper
9th September 2004, 12:23 AM
'k Julz

next question, is there a lot involved in settin them out, so's they r straight?

is it easy? is there a technique, and does john@apex post graphics out?

Thanks!

Burple
9th September 2004, 12:43 AM
Dunno about the fitting, I did my roof graphic myself... :p
and yes.. they post out...

Setting them out should be fairly easy... just try and follow the line of the edge of the bonnet... and keep using lots of soapy water and a good squeegy thing to make sure they go on flat without any bubbles under them! :D

Smurf
9th September 2004, 12:50 AM
Hi

I think you asked me this before - I used a guy in Kirky who designed and fitted my stripes for a third of the price BMW would charge.

Gismo
9th September 2004, 02:19 AM
Driving through to Edinburgh could take the same time as trying to fit them yourself ;)

Heather
9th September 2004, 10:15 PM
like LnL i fitted mine myself. A little attention to detail and it works out quite well. If your in glasgow you should check out smurfs guy as he is more local. (that and her stripes are amazing):D

X30YES
10th September 2004, 03:55 AM
I'll be going to Apex signs on the 14th and can pick up a set for you if you like .....Let me know asap as I'm on shore on the 13th
quote:Originally posted by CooperTrooper

'K

Smurf
10th September 2004, 04:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

like LnL i fitted mine myself. A little attention to detail and it works out quite well. If your in glasgow you should check out smurfs guy as he is more local. (that and her stripes are amazing):D

Thanks Heather! :D

I've kinda set a standard now for having something different....
Trying to think up designs for the next one already....! :cool: