PDA

View Full Version : rear wash wipe motor

bullet
16th December 2014, 10:01 PM
having problems with my rear wash wiper on one of our minis,is this a common fault on an r53?fuses are fine and i hear a click when i try to operate the wiper,its a pity as they are needed regularly now with all the salt on the roads,having checked ebay the prices are all over the place for a motor,any helpful info appreciated,thanks:smilewinkgrin:

stoney
16th December 2014, 10:29 PM
It may just need a new nozzle that's common thing only a few quid as well

bullet
18th December 2014, 12:07 AM
It may just need a new nozzle that's common thing only a few quid as well
thanks stoney,the wiper is actually hanging down past the glass onto the tailgate like its broken,bloody annoying at this time of year

Craig
18th December 2014, 12:29 AM
Sounds like the splines may be done which is why the wiper is drooping. Sounds like new motor to me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullet
18th December 2014, 12:34 AM
thanks for the info craig,priced a new motor for £60 which doesnt seem too bad.hope that fixes it.

emicen
18th December 2014, 09:13 AM
Sometimes the bolts on the motor assembly just work loose and that let's it sag in the manner you describe. Only takes a couple of mins to check.

bullet
18th December 2014, 09:13 PM
Sometimes the bolts on the motor assembly just work loose and that let's it sag in the manner you describe. Only takes a couple of mins to check.
hi,thanks for your info,the motor seems secure and solid,its just the wiper arm is drooping down past the glass onto the tailgate,theres no power or movement at all,hope it is the motor as ive just bought one,lol