PDA

View Full Version : Cooper D MPG

Cybermenace
9th December 2014, 09:08 PM
Hi folks,

Just wondering what sort of MPG I should get out my R56, I have the comp set to average and it's going from 50.5mpg to 67.9mpg confusing as hell for me,!

I can't get nothing steady and I drive the same speed on the same road daily.

Any help would be great, here's and image on my best.

Thanks
Billy

Mon the fish
9th December 2014, 09:27 PM
First of all, don't trust the computer. If you want to know, work it out the old-fashioned way of fuel put in, to mileage done.

But I would say 60+ was decent and in the ballpark

Rob Gavin
10th December 2014, 12:02 AM
ours is averaging about 57; wife has commented its far better than the gold tdi we've just upgraded from

Cybermenace
10th December 2014, 07:53 AM
First of all, don't trust the computer. If you want to know, work it out the old-fashioned way of fuel put in, to mileage done.

But I would say 60+ was decent and in the ballpark

Thanks looks like I best fill its up and see what I get over a full tank over a week and like you said work it out

Gismo
10th December 2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks looks like I best fill its up and see what I get over a full tank over a week and like you said work it out:thumbs up:
There are other things like coasting to traffic lights and going round corners to take into consideration, not saying you do it, but, your way of driving will be different to others and that impacts the fuel used.
In any case, you'll get a far better handle on your mpg using the fill tank and check mileage method

Mon the fish
10th December 2014, 01:53 PM
The faster you take roundabouts saves you fuel, as you don't have to accelerate as much when you leave them :)

Eddie_JCW
10th December 2014, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure on the Cooper D but my 320d had to sort of recalibrate itself after having the battery disconnected and you'd get ridiculously high readings.

As gismo has said a lot of things can affect it even down to the wind direction and what you have in your car.

Cybermenace
10th December 2014, 06:43 PM
My road I travel is 22 miles long and 2 round abouts and I am cruise control 95% of the way