PDA

View Full Version : GRS TMIC - Standard Version

jdl_1967
7th December 2014, 09:05 PM
Fitted a used GRS intercooler the other day, beautifully built piece of kit and a doddle to fit.

Other than an Oranje Airbox, my engine is a standard R53 JCW 200.

Don't know if it's in my mind or not, but the car does appear to have a bit more go at the top end now, but I can't really tell any difference low to midrange.

But for £160 used, it looks better if nothing :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

badwolf340
7th December 2014, 10:19 PM
Always good to hear positive feed back on what somebody has done to their car

Craig
7th December 2014, 10:25 PM
Good news John :). My Airtec is helping mine too, nearly got pulled this morning on the way to the lunch "enjoying" the car. Will be in tomorrow with it if you want a look for comparison :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
7th December 2014, 10:31 PM
Great to hear positive results

EcosseGP
7th December 2014, 10:34 PM
Great news John like I said it should perform better in the colder damp air so if you were going to notice a difference it would probably be now.

jdl_1967
8th December 2014, 07:20 AM
Good news John :). My Airtec is helping mine too, nearly got pulled this morning on the way to the lunch "enjoying" the car. Will be in tomorrow with it if you want a look for comparison :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will have a wee look if you don't mind Craig. From what I've read online, the Airtec seems to have both great cooling characteristics and great recovery times, quite a few people have said it's the best available at the moment. I'll be looking at it with green eyes ;-)

Mon the fish
8th December 2014, 07:22 AM
You won't get the full benefits of it now, but when you're not temp clipping in the summer you'll be glad of it.

Great price, lowest I've seen one go for. I thought mine improved the responsiveness of the car slightly when I had it, when it should in theory lose a bit of boost