PDA

View Full Version : F56 Manky bum...

tangledfeet
29th November 2014, 06:31 PM
My F56 Cooper seems to accumulate more mud and grit from local rural roads on the rear than everywhere else on the car put together so I'm thinking of fitting mudflaps; I'd guess that the minimal rear overhang is the main contributing factor. Guess I'd be looking at rear initially.

Has anyone fitted mudflaps themselves and, in particular, has any comments on how effective they are at reducing crap thrown up by the tyres?

Thanks!

Eddie_JCW
29th November 2014, 07:22 PM
It won't be the tyres it's all to do with aerodynamics I believe. the R56 is the exact same, made worse by fitting a GP2 diffuser :lol:

tangledfeet
29th November 2014, 11:33 PM
It won't be the tyres it's all to do with aerodynamics I believe. the R56 is the exact same, made worse by fitting a GP2 diffuser :lol:

Cheers, Eddie! I just realised that I omitted the most vital piece of information from my post - I'm looking at fitting mudflaps not diffuser.

*slaps ample forehead*

Eddie_JCW
30th November 2014, 02:51 AM
Cheers, Eddie! I just realised that I omitted the most vital piece of information from my post - I'm looking at fitting mudflaps not diffuser.

*slaps ample forehead*

It's ok :) I know you weren't fitting a diffuser but I have, hence the reason I know it's aerodynamics that cause the MINIs to be filthy at the back. It's been a problem since day one on them but I believe they're getting better with each generation :lol:

badwolf340
30th November 2014, 12:00 PM
And even worse if you have a GP with no rear wiper :ragin:

EcosseGP
30th November 2014, 12:26 PM
Who looks out the rear window anyway lol :):)

badwolf340
30th November 2014, 04:12 PM
Who looks out the rear window anyway lol :):)
Helps with looking for blue lights :laugh: