PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer

CraigR53
28th November 2014, 10:58 PM
So as you may have noticed, we are a bit short in the old boot space us MINI owners ;) Anyone got subs they can recommend?

Had a friend with a Vibe Blackair Bandpass and it was INCREDIBLE. Also chucked in a vented blackair and his Honda CRV's roof was flexing :smilewinkgrin:

So I'd like to go down the Bandpass route but i doubt the blackair will fit! Also an enclosure because I don't really know enough to create my own box ect for the type of sub so any recommendations shoot!

badwolf340
30th November 2014, 11:59 AM
Davie used to be into this sound malarkey ,he may have some ideas for you :thumbs up:,over to MiniiGP

stoney
30th November 2014, 12:13 PM
Speak with new mini stuff he dose an under seat sub package

EcosseGP
30th November 2014, 12:25 PM
If you're looking for a sub and amp I've got one that I'm looking to get rid of. The sub is brand new and the amp was fitted to the car but never used as I changed the car before managing to get it all wired up.
They're both West Coast Custom stuff and the the amp still has the stickers on it.
The amp and sub are black and chrome and the 12" sub is in a carpeted (black) enclosure.
If memory serves me correctly the amp is a WCC-5001 with max output of 500watts.
Just a thought ...

weefossy
30th November 2014, 10:04 PM
Craig, like Davy, we have a garage full. Can discuss when we get back from Disney. I'm a dab hand with the mdf as well!!

EcosseGP
30th November 2014, 11:56 PM
^^^ now that's handy to know ;);(

CraigR53
3rd December 2014, 03:49 AM
This sounds interesting! Was limited to an enclosure because i don't have the means to make my own box, but if your a dab hand with the MDF then I might have to steal your services! certainly eradicates the space issue if we can custom it! Get back to me when your back from your holiday please, have a good one!

weefossy
4th December 2014, 04:33 PM
Craig, we are back from Disney, but off to Londinium on Sunday for a week. The week before Xmas I think we are going to Ireland.......so it's looking like after Xmas. Great thing about building a "box" is that it should be removable if space is needed. more than happy to help.

CraigR53
4th December 2014, 05:30 PM
Been shopping about like mad the past day or so, I really want to go down the Bandpass route but I understand the enclosures are difficult to manufacture and I'm struggling to find one that won't take up my back seats :argh: Maybe I should get a GP seats delete and go crazy :lol:

CiderFex
4th December 2014, 06:51 PM
Brian (moktabe) has a gorgeous little sub fastened to the bulkhead behind the passenger seat in GP1511.
I'm sorry but I can't remember the make or model but I'm sure that it'd easily fit under the front seats.

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

EcosseGP
4th December 2014, 08:28 PM
You should easily be able to make a sub enclosure that will fit on either side of the boot so that you won't lose your boot space altogether .. That way you'll also be able to remove them at a later date too. If you go down that route though keep a template Malcolm .. others might be interested !

CraigR53
10th December 2014, 01:03 AM
****EDIT - Ignore the thumbnail bellow, not sure how to delete it, pictures are better on the Flickr link! - EDIT***

So, Just as a follow up I'm making a sort of custom sub build around a Bandpass Enclosure from Vibe. Wasn't sure wither or not to make a new thread to I'm just throwing it at the bottom of this!

Looked for weeks at my possibilites for a sub: Custom build into the side of the boot, Custom Box to 100% fit the boot or wing-it with a Bandpass enclosure from Vibe because I have experienced how clean the bass from the limited edition BlackAir bandpass was.

Opted for option three and LUCKLY I found a 10" Blackair BandPass brand new on Ebay! Couldn't believe my luck as this they were limited edition and discontinued almost two years ago!

I measured up and concluded it would (just) fit in the boot but upon delivery realised, conventionally, it wasn't going to fit :argh: Left me with only this angle for fitment: (Please excuse the state on my car! It was washed about three days prior to this!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/craigr56/15799440888/

Looks ugly in my opinion, so the build begins!
Ultimately I want to install a false floor, allowing wiring to be hidden and giving a very clean look to the boot and sub. Until then I knocked this together in an hour or so, heading round to find some carpet tomorrow after collage. It fits the sub perfectly onto the slope of the rear seats and lifts it high enough not to rub as it was doing previously. I left a hole in the bottom for wiring (when I get it installed), clean enough to rest my mind so I can take my time and perfect the false floor before installing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/craigr56/15799565270/in/photostream/

Im sure most of you think I'm crazy, I've practically destroyed my boot space but it will be worth it and the best part is its all very easily removable it I really need too.

Not sure how many people will be interested but I thought Id post anyway! If anyone wants a follow up with carpeting and ultimately the false floor then let me know and I'll make sure to create a post with it. Also looking to install Vibe 6x9 in the rear and (maybe) front speakers too. Although I don't rate the front speaks badly in the coop!

Thanks,
Craig

Craig
10th December 2014, 09:00 AM
Cool - always like a wee ICE install. Used to do it many years back (remembering my Focal's up front and my 2 x 12l Rockford Fosgate subs in the back putting out 142db). Ah them were the days...! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigR53
10th December 2014, 04:54 PM
That sounds crazy man! Never had a sub build in my car before, looking forward to getting it sounding (And looking) good!