PDA

View Full Version : Stripes

Tony
6th September 2004, 09:57 PM
Hi there folks!!

guess whos back,.......well,..not quite.

Im looking for some help regarding bonnet stripes,...viper stripes,..stripes in general.

Aberdeenshire area,....can you tell me what companies are able/ willing to put on stripes? - cant be JC,..as its not a MINI that im driving. Im looking for a wide white central stripe, with a black pin stripe either side to go onto my roadster.

hows everyone keeping anyway? - brian,..have you taken the decal off of your roof? - didnt see it last time.

hi to zippy/ krusty and all the westhill posse - i keep waving too,..even if im not in the gang.

hiya calum!,....well, hope everyone is doing well,..and if anyone can help, id much appreciate it.

later,

:)

Krusty
7th September 2004, 12:14 AM
Hi Tony - nice to have you back.

Dont know anything about stripes though - dont have any!

The Dogfather
7th September 2004, 12:32 AM
Tony - I want stripes as well JC use an external company but they'll cost £250 which is a bit too rich for me.

Tony
7th September 2004, 12:33 AM
Hi krusty.

ill stay as lonng as im welcome!!

hows the car going?

Tony
7th September 2004, 12:36 AM
hi bad dog mini.

I dont suppose you - or anyone else here knows which company JC use to apply their stripes?

The Dogfather
7th September 2004, 01:33 AM
No but I'll ask Matt at JC

Smurf
7th September 2004, 02:49 AM
I would imagine any signwriting company could do it.
I don't live anywhere near Aberdeen, but a local company did my MINI stripes for me - like vipers, but they stop short, and they have a pinstripe all the way round.

Try the Yellow pages! :)

The Dogfather
7th September 2004, 06:09 AM
JC use a company called Vinyl Cut - they say speak to Donald on 01224 895589.

Smurf
7th September 2004, 06:11 AM
That wouldn't be Donald McAskill, would it?! Say 'hi' from Kermit's owner's if it is! He'll know who we are, if I'm thinking of the right guy! (Sprints an Evo.....)

monkimagic
7th September 2004, 08:48 AM
£250 quid is a lot, I see them pop up on ebay, however they are probably crap. I did see a corsa today with cooper like stripes, looked bloody stupid, I have also seen a corsa about with viper stripes, these things should NOT be aloud to happen.

Good luck on your quest Tony

Monki

Tony
7th September 2004, 04:44 PM
ill give donald a shout.

If anyone ahs seen this months EVO,..there is a Puggy concept car in it called the silohuette - and the stripes on that are like what im looking for. A thick white central stripe with white either side. should look ace.

anyway, thanks everyone for your kind words,.

later

T

darthrobertson
9th September 2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Tony,

How's thing's? Have to meet up for a pint sometime, just ordered my new MCS should have delivery end Jan 2005.

Take it easy

Greig