PDA

View Full Version : Window closing problem

Cybermenace
23rd November 2014, 03:23 PM
Hi guys,
I have noticed a problem on my mini,

The window doesn't close correctly when the passenger side door has been opened!

Would make it easy for a thief to get in my car with this problem,

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Billy

Mon the fish
23rd November 2014, 05:46 PM
There's a way of reseting the windows to seal properly, think you hold the switch up for 10 secs or something, have a Google

Cybermenace
23rd November 2014, 09:05 PM
There's a way of reseting the windows to seal properly, think you hold the switch up for 10 secs or something, have a Google

Tried the 10 second reset on the windows and I still get this sometimes

EcosseGP
23rd November 2014, 11:28 PM
I've seen this problem happen before it's not the door that's out of alignment it's something to do with the window runner pushing the window up at the wrong angle. I'll do a bit of hunting and see if I can find the solution ...

Cybermenace
24th November 2014, 07:00 AM
I've seen this problem happen before it's not the door that's out of alignment it's something to do with the window runner pushing the window up at the wrong angle. I'll do a bit of hunting and see if I can find the solution ...

Brilliant thank you I am so glad I joined this forum now your knowledge is priceless

EcosseGP
24th November 2014, 08:50 PM
Right I'm struggling to find the post I read a few weeks ago but from what you've said I think that there's an issue with the window regulator itself and from what i can mind the windows have a hole in the bottom of them were the regulator goes to support and move up and down the window, if it has either broken or simply fallen out of its runner this could be the cause of your problem. If it has just come out of its runner then its a 30 min job to rectify it if done by a trained machanic. If the regulator has broken wether its electrical or the part is faulty then it'll obviously take a little longer to sort.
Billy I would take it to your local dealer if you've just bought it and it's under warranty, but if its not under warranty then it may be cheaper to go to either an auto electrician or even the likes of auto glass see if they can fix the problem or replace the parts. I'll keep looking for the original post ...

Cybermenace
24th November 2014, 08:57 PM
That seems like a good answer, I have contacted the seller and he's on the case so I await his response when I forward your post onto him,
Thanks again for your help you've been really useful for me since I joined the forum, I have even just joined the Facebook group tonight.