PDA

View Full Version : Run Flats Ahhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

R7 ETH
6th September 2004, 05:20 PM
Just coming up for Sherrifhall roundabout on Saturday and the runflat light and "bing" came on:( Pulled over and checked all the tyre pressures, one of them had lost 10psi!!! So of we go to Dunedin Mini to get it fixed (yeah right). Sorry sir but we cant repair that tyre due to the position of the nail!!!!!
So while the service guy very kindly organised for a tyre fitter to come and fit the new tyre. We asked Brian for a test drive in a CooperS and he very kindly obliged:D
Well it was the best of a bad situation, had to fork out £145 for a tyre but got a test drive in a CooperS. Once again thanks Brian.

The Dogfather
6th September 2004, 09:19 PM
Jesus, 145 quid, wouldn't it be better to just have non runflats at £60 a can of tyre sealant and AA membership?

R7 ETH
6th September 2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah i know, was talking about that at the weekend, or even getting rid of the cooper all together:(

Wul
6th September 2004, 09:33 PM
Gareth - was that for a 17" Run-flat?

Still very pricey for a tyre, i'd have phoned round and put some more air in the tyre till i found somewhere cheaper.

BTW - your mini comes with 3 years breakdown cover from new :I

Wul
6th September 2004, 09:36 PM
Oh and another tip - get yourself along to seafield coachworks at leith links and get some tyresafe put in your tyres - £20 for all 4 and you'll never notice a puncture again!

R7 ETH
6th September 2004, 09:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Gareth - was that for a 17" Run-flat?

Still very pricey for a tyre, i'd have phoned round and put some more air in the tyre till i found somewhere cheaper.

BTW - your mini comes with 3 years breakdown cover from new :I

Yeah fo a 17" give them their due the guy id phone round and he got a guy from national to come down to supply and fit it especially, plus they only charged us the invoice amount that they got from national.

Scottie
6th September 2004, 10:05 PM

Oh and another tip - get yourself along to seafield coachworks at leith links and get some tyresafe put in your tyres - £20 for all 4 and you'll never notice a puncture again!

What's that stuff.

Duncan Stewart
7th September 2004, 04:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

had to fork out £145 for a tyre

Ouch!

quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

even getting rid of the cooper all together

Don't do it! :(

Wul
7th September 2004, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

What's that stuff.

http://www.cvs-vehicles.co.uk/pages/tyresafe.html

had it in my coop and my S - great stuff - car version of "goo" for MTB's - liquid punture repair that you leave in the tyre all the time - will seal a hole up to 6mm dia. not like tyre weld as it doesn't bugger up your valves etc.

weefossy
12th September 2004, 08:23 AM
if you wanna a good(when i say good it could be worse) price for a run flat. go to mytyre.com get there price phone national tyres and they will price match. i had to have two fronts fitted after 6000 miles. i'm still hurting from the beating i got when mother found out. it cost £240 and hinderd my student drinking money.