PDA

View Full Version : DAB Radio Problem

Cybermenace
12th November 2014, 09:08 PM
I picked up my mini tonight, it's supposed to have a DAB radio but it's not letting me select the DAB function on my 2008 mini,

He seller tells me it's definitely got a dab radio ,

I have had a parrot kit fitted would this have disturbed the radio in anyway and lost the dab side of it?

Fm works fine just confused about the dab not being there,

Also these cars drive like a dream I am happy as hell apart from the radio.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Billy

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

MINI William
12th November 2014, 09:44 PM
If the car has dab which I'm sure 2008 cars never had it way have a DAB function next to where you select radio. I will post a picture tomorrow if this doesn't make sense

Cybermenace
12th November 2014, 10:14 PM
It lets me scroll to it but not select it,

This is the previous owners spec list:
Factory fitted options include:
Chilli Pack,
Double Electric Sunroof, 17" Flame Spoke Alloy Wheels,
Lounge Leather In Carbon Black,
Colour Line Black,
Dash and Door Rings In Piano Black,
A/C, Power Fold Heated Mirrors,
Auto Lights,
Rain Sensitive Wipers, Interior Lighting Pack, AUX Connection, Second Glove Box With Integrated iPod Connection,
Multi Function Steering Wheel Including Cruise Control,
White Lenses On Side Scuttles,
Silver line Indicator Bulbs (Front And Back), Start/Stop Technology,
Hill Assist,
Rear Privacy Glass, Chrome Line Interior And Exterior,
Mats and Mudflap's, DAB Radio,
Trip Computer And Alarm.

Eddie_JCW
13th November 2014, 03:40 AM
http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html if you type in the last 7 digits of your vin it should tell you ;)

Cybermenace
13th November 2014, 09:14 PM
Can you have a look at this and let me know if it's got DAB?

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/tv26864.pdf

Eddie_JCW
14th November 2014, 03:13 PM
Yes it looks like it does :thumbs up:

Burple
14th November 2014, 05:17 PM
If the car has dab which I'm sure 2008 cars never had it way have a DAB function next to where you select radio. I will post a picture tomorrow if this doesn't make sense

My 2008 JCW had DAB without having the media / Nav screen. :thumbs up: It was a PITA to work compared to the Media version tho. Never had any problem selecting it tho..

Cybermenace
15th November 2014, 07:11 PM
This is doing my head in now I have just been told it might need recoded by mini at a cost of £200 FFS!!!

I have spoken to the seller and told him I want it fixed as its a selling option for when I sell the car and it having a knackered DAB radio gets me nothing,
He's coming back to me on Monday how the hell can mini charge £200 to recode a stereo though???

Cybermenace
26th November 2014, 07:30 PM
I got my DAB back!! Turned out the optical cable wasn't plugged in, time to try and work out how to save the channels, I have found BBC DAB but I want capital kiss and all the other good channels confused!!

EcosseGP
26th November 2014, 08:23 PM
Oops should've read this first. I did find it strange how fitting a Parrot kit had caused you to lose your DAB but at least it was an easy fix ...

Cybermenace
26th November 2014, 08:53 PM
Whole dash strip down for it though worth it as the radio in my area is terrible