PDA

View Full Version : BADGE THEFT.

bazza
6th September 2004, 12:46 AM
GUYS BEWARE IF ANY OF YOU ARE IN THE VICINITY OF CUMBERNAULD AS I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED THAT THE MINI BADGE ON MY BONNET HAS BEEN PRIZED OFF BY SOME LITTLE F--- H--- LUCKILY IT HAS ONLY SCRATCHED UNDER THE SPACE WERE THE BADGE GOES AND HAS NOT DENTED IT SO IM THANKFULL FOR THIS,BUT IF I GET MY HANDS ON THEM YOU WILL READ ABOUT ME GOING TO THE HIGH COURT.
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO WHAT DID YOU DO.

1 DID YOU REPLACE THE BADGE IF SO HOW MUCH DID IT COST?

2 IF YOU DID NOT REPLACE IT WAS IT A NEW BONNET JOB?

MY CONCERN ABOUT REPLACING IT IS THAT THE LITTLE B-----D COMES BACK FOR A MATCHING SET,BUT I AM SURE THAT THEY WILL WANT THE BACK ONE ALSO SO I WILL BE WATCHING OUT.

BAZZA:dead:

Gismo
6th September 2004, 12:54 AM
Widely reported on MINI2 we seemed to have missed the worst of this cretinous action up here, sad to hear of your case.

Not sure of cost of replacement :(

X30YES
6th September 2004, 02:07 AM
Did see one one E Bay for sale , ...not sure how much though, but not OTT , sorry to hear about your badge getting knicked .

lightbody
6th September 2004, 07:43 AM
If I was you, I'd leave it a while before replacing it.

I'd also not get too upset about it! Worse things happen at sea etc. etc....

Oh and if you're buying a replacement from Ebay - make sure its not been prized off someone else's bonnet! And check the price at the dealer...

Wul
6th September 2004, 03:23 PM
Sorry to hear of that Bazza - hope you get sorted out.

Duncan Stewart
6th September 2004, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Bazza. I've seen new ones at about a tenner so not too expensive.

silver son
6th September 2004, 05:23 PM
Happened to me when the car was parked in Leith. They took both badges but luckily didnt damage the paintwork.
Seem to remember the badges were about a tenner each and the dealer fitted them when the car was in for some seemingly never ending warranty work.

It would have almost been worth them doing it just for me to have caught them in the act.:evil:

monkimagic
7th September 2004, 08:51 AM
Thats bad Bazza, I dearly hope its not a trend coming up this way