PDA

View Full Version : Dump Valve

CraigR53
10th November 2014, 11:22 AM
Looking from a new dump valve for the cooper s any recommendations for me?

Also would this be expensive to have fitted for me?

thanks - Craig

Eddie_JCW
10th November 2014, 11:30 AM
Have you looked at air intakes? I love turbo noise and was shocked at the difference the Alta Intake made.

Are you going to the Cars and Coffee meet on 23rd November? I was going to say if you were I could take you out and let you hear it in my car.

As for dump valves I have no idea on costs, sorry.

weefossy
10th November 2014, 11:41 AM
Don't think they are too difficult to fit. I love the sound, but not sure I could live with it on "day to day" driving. As Eddie said, Alta may be a better solution to achieve similar results?

Gismo
10th November 2014, 01:13 PM
Alta CAI all the way, obviously more expensive but great sound

Bryce
10th November 2014, 01:16 PM
The Cooper S has a factory BOV. As said above the ALTA CAI (which isn't a cold air intake at all) gives s pretty mean turbo and intake noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigR53
10th November 2014, 04:32 PM
I'd like something that dumps pretty loud :yes nod: but I've never heard the Alta intake if I'm to tell the truth, what do you guys think about the AEM CAI? would you not have problems with water getting scooped up in our glorious weather?

I'll try make the sunday meet, only stay about 50 mins from Glasgow so should be fine!

Eddie_JCW
10th November 2014, 06:31 PM
I'd like something that dumps pretty loud :yes nod: but I've never heard the Alta intake if I'm to tell the truth, what do you guys think about the AEM CAI? would you not have problems with water getting scooped up in our glorious weather?

I'll try make the sunday meet, only stay about 50 mins from Glasgow so should be fine!

The AEM is well designed and well engineered for the N14 engines but I wouldn't advise it for the N18. It's nowhere near as loud mind you. I had it on my N18 JCW and one of the pipes melted :(

stoney
10th November 2014, 06:37 PM
I have the AEM for the N14 it's very good bit of kit and had no trouble with water ect

badwolf340
10th November 2014, 06:41 PM

Get your self along to the meet ,get a run in one of the cars and you will be spending some money ,Alta is the way ��

EcosseGP
10th November 2014, 07:45 PM
Having seen the set up on the harpers GPs I'll be going down that route should I go down the R56 route :):):)

stoney
10th November 2014, 08:13 PM
If your looking for noise then alta is the way forward I realy like my AEM but it's not as loud as the alta

DigitalLemming
10th November 2014, 08:15 PM
I've got an Alta on mine as well and love the sound it makes, not sure it really makes any difference to the running, but that noise is addictive!