PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping

illegalhunter
9th November 2014, 07:11 PM
I was considering getting my roof done chilli red , anybody on here ever did this . Or even know somebody who has had it done ?

Hmfc1874
9th November 2014, 08:33 PM
Solar glass tech are doing my roof design for me, have a wee look at their website if you get a sec x

EcosseGP
9th November 2014, 09:22 PM
Like Hannah says there's a tried and tested company in Stirling that'll assist with your roof quest ... What about getting it painted rather than wrapped ?

badwolf340
9th November 2014, 09:24 PM
I was considering getting my roof done chilli red , anybody on here ever did this . Or even know somebody who has had it done ?
I work with someone who had their whole car wrapped and would never do it again ,it turned out a very expensive exercise due to the wrap not lasting (destroyed on the first run down south) a roof may be different,but the front of the roof would be at most risk of damage

EcosseGP
9th November 2014, 09:26 PM
^^ like above I'm not a fan either as you said it can be more hassle than it's worth. By the time you pay the cost for getting it done you'd be better paying the extra to get it painted ..

moktabe
9th November 2014, 09:37 PM
Had my roof painted instead of wrapped. Wasn't that much more expensive.

Can look after paint whereas you've got what you've got with a wrap.

EcosseGP
9th November 2014, 09:50 PM
Where you from ?

MINI William
9th November 2014, 10:01 PM
I would look into getting it painted. There's alot of drawbacks to wrapping

DarnShiv
9th November 2014, 10:15 PM
We had the roof wrapped on our One. It took 2 attempts until I was happy with it. I was then always paranoid about the edges lifting when power washing. TBH painting would not have been much more expensive.

Bryce
10th November 2014, 12:34 AM
If you need a painter I can't recommend Elite Paint & Body in Bo'ness highly enough. The only painter I use and recommend to any of my customers be it Focus or 458

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
10th November 2014, 02:00 AM
Why not give Specialized signs in Edinburgh a visit they have Chili red vinyl, experience wrapping cars (they have a fully wrapped BMW E60 and it's stunning) they also do free quotes and are very very helpful. Be warned though, wrapping isn't as cheap as you'd think.

Eddie_JCW
10th November 2014, 02:04 AM
To give you an idea, they wanted £150 to do my belt line and fuel flap, so I just bought the vinyl from them. Having done my fuel flap and attempted the belt line, I can understand why it's not cheap.

EcosseGP
10th November 2014, 07:57 PM
Eddie if you've got the belt line I'll do it for you when we can arrange it ...

Eddie_JCW
10th November 2014, 08:02 PM
Oh that'd be ideal :thumbs up: we'll arrange something ;)

EcosseGP
10th November 2014, 08:09 PM
Happy to help Eddie and if you've got the vinyl we might even be able to have a go at that too ... What's the worst that can happen :):)