PDA

View Full Version : Help/advice

Jamie1875
2nd November 2014, 10:34 PM
Hi folks want to do so,e mods on my r56 which has the N18 engine and would like advice from people that have either done it or know anyone that has before I commit.

Would like a cold air induction what do you recommend nothing overly pricey.
Forge dump-valve?
AP or Eibach lowering springs?

Basically anything that anyone else would recommend doing?
Thanks for your help in advance

Eddie_JCW
3rd November 2014, 08:04 AM
Alta CAI and you won't need a dump valve, the noise is highly addictive, you really hear the turbo working and then the dump valve releasing the pressure as you lift off.

No need to replace the dump valve

And I wouldn't know about springs as I'm running on the JCW sports suspension and have no plans to change it

One mod I'd highly recommend is a decat but only if you don't mind being an absolute hooligan :yes nod: :thumbs up:

MINI William
3rd November 2014, 10:35 AM
Hi folks want to do so,e mods on my r56 which has the N18 engine and would like advice from people that have either done it or know anyone that has before I commit.

Would like a cold air induction what do you recommend nothing overly pricey.
Forge dump-valve?
AP or Eibach lowering springs?

Basically anything that anyone else would recommend doing?
Thanks for your help in advance

Alta CAI and you won't need a dump valve, the noise is highly addictive, you really hear the turbo working and then the dump valve releasing the pressure as you lift off.

No need to replace the dump valve

And I wouldn't know about springs as I'm running on the JCW sports suspension and have no plans to change it

One mod I'd highly recommend is a decat but only if you don't mind being an absolute hooligan :yes nod: :thumbs up:

Jamie has my old Challenge exhaust so a decat would be tame :smilewinkgrin:. Ive got no experiance of springs but Eibach and KW both do them and are both well known brands. If you change the intake you wont need a a forge dump valve however Forge do a Spacer that isnt all the expensive and you would hear the dump valve more without spending a few £100 pound

Eddie_JCW
3rd November 2014, 11:44 AM
Ahh, well yes it would be a bit tame :lol:

stoney
3rd November 2014, 12:55 PM
Jamie have you got a new R56 ? Or still the black one if its the black one you will be a N14 not N18 !!

Jamie1875
3rd November 2014, 09:52 PM
Stoney I've the r56 yea but it's the 184bhp version and I was led to believe that it wasa n18?

stoney
3rd November 2014, 11:05 PM
What year is your car ?

Jamie1875
3rd November 2014, 11:32 PM
It's a 2011 model

stoney
4th November 2014, 08:49 AM
It's defo the N14 them buddy as I have a 2012 and mine is N14 !

Craig
4th November 2014, 10:44 AM
The cooper S got the N18 engine in 2011 Rob before the JCW so I'd think it was an N18. The dealer should be able to confirm tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk