PDA

View Full Version : R53 boot lid won't open.

j13owr
18th October 2014, 01:10 PM
Hi guys.....I tried to open the boot, and nothing happened, all other locks are ok.....tried with fob and key....even went to local mini dealer for suggestions.....managed to finally get the back seats down and my work bag and wallet out.....but still can't get the boot open......could anyone help?......maybe with a link, for "how to" and parts tools needed?.......please?

Craig
18th October 2014, 03:22 PM
If you lift up the base of the back seat (pull up the front edge and it will come away no problem). Underneath you should find a pull handle, that will open the boot..

Temp solution but means you can still get into the boot.

Water can sometimes get into the boot handle area, I would take it out (4 bolts on the outside) and get it tested.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john
18th October 2014, 09:18 PM
If it's an early mini then sadly there is no cable, you need to tilt the back seats ( not easy with big hands) then unbolt the latch.

SeanC
19th October 2014, 09:08 PM
I had this problem with my 2004 cooper. I had the pull cord under the back seat so managed to open the boot lid. I fixed the problem by removing the plastic boot card, disconnecting the switch to the lock/ button, undone and removed the silver strip containing the boot open switch. I then took the switch out of the silver housing and cleaned up the contacts with wd 40 and a wire brush and its worked perfect ever since.

Hope this helps