PDA

View Full Version : Ambient lighting too dim

teslar
16th October 2014, 09:01 PM
Do these lights dim over time and can you make them brighter?

My R56 57plate has ambient lighting which I can adjust from dim to not so dim. Even at its brightest it has to be dark and you have to look right at the source to even see a light glow. My partners Countryman has much brighter LEDs

So I'm hoping there is s way to make mine go this bright. Can anyone tell me if this can be done ?

teslar
28th October 2014, 08:38 PM
Just to be clear. I'm not expecting Blackpool illuminations it's just that a glow worm would be brighter than my lights. My partner has Dooper S all4 and those lights are reasonably bright giving aspects of the cab a little mood lighting but mine barely show

Anyone come across this and is there a fix ?

badwolf340
28th October 2014, 09:03 PM
always been pretty bright , never had a problem ,anyone else ??

Eddie_JCW
28th October 2014, 09:22 PM
Never heard of this, have you tried adjusting the brightness of the instruments to see if that makes a difference?

teslar
28th October 2014, 09:25 PM
Yep been all through the sequence of colours and brightness but it just varies from dim to not so dim :)

Eddie_JCW
28th October 2014, 09:26 PM
Not the brightness of the ambient lighting but the instrument cluster brightness

teslar
28th October 2014, 09:27 PM
Yes I've tried that too it doesn't seem to affect the ambient light

Eddie_JCW
28th October 2014, 09:28 PM
I didn't think it would've lol it was the only thing I could think of. Maybe it's because it's pre facelift I'm not sure

teslar
28th October 2014, 09:31 PM
Thank for helping but it's an R56 late 2007 so would have thought it would be the latest version of ambient lighting but maybe they improved it on more recent cars

Craig
28th October 2014, 10:22 PM
I had 2 pre facelift R56 S cars and both of them the ambient lighting wasn't very bright. The LCI cars and CM cars are much brighter :). Sadly I think it's just down to the older cars having less LED bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
28th October 2014, 10:39 PM
^^^ I think this is the case too and the way technology progresses means they can get more LEDs onto the same connection now .. Have you thought about seeing if you can change the bulbs ?

teslar
28th October 2014, 10:41 PM
Will have a Google and see if anyone had done it. I guess newer led technology is at play here