PDA

View Full Version : COOPER S REMAPPED - NICE!

GERFIX
12th October 2014, 07:43 AM
I’ve gone and done it. I’ve had the Cooper S remapped and thought I'd share my experience! The Stage 2 map came from DNA Tuning and was installed by Simon at Sitech in Rosyth.

I contacted John at DNA over on Minitorque as he offers remapping to members for £275 and one member had one done by post (!) – he sent his ecu over, had the map installed, tried it out, sent it back for some adjustments and was well happy. And all within just a few days. John suggested using Sitech to install the map as they are one of his agents so I made an appointment for last Monday and hey presto, here I am.

I haven’t gone all technical and didn’t do a before and after as I had fitted a few goodies so it wouldn’t be like standard to remapped comparison. Said goodies are Iridium Plugs, FMIC, Stealth CAT, Pipercross panel filter, sound generator delete pipe and intercooler muffler delete pipe. Simon, who seems very knowledgeable and is an all-round nice chap, took note of my mods, contacted John at DNA who emailed his map over which then allowed Simon to do his stuff with the installation.

Now Simon deals with John regularly and said that normally he gets it spot-on first time. No exception here then……..it took only a couple of runs on the dyno to achieve 192bhp and 212 lb-ft at the wheels which works out to roughly 223 engine bhp and 247 engine lb-ft. I was chuffed to say the least, especially as this is the first time I’ve done anything like this – I’ve been driving diesels for a few years now and have been using plug-and-play tuning boxes. However, the excellent figures weren’t the entire story. The car is now so much smoother to drive and idles nicely too, especially when cold. I hadn’t actually realised just how rough it felt until it was remapped. There’s no jerkiness on the throttle with the on/off feel totally gone. Also, I always do brim to brim fuel consumption and have just filled up to find that, despite a few thrashings since Monday, my MPG is exactly the same as before (around 29mpg) so I'm expecting that to improve slightly too once my euphoria has worn off a bit and I've fully flushed through with Shell V-Power Nitro+.

I’m a very happy bunny indeed and I’d recommend this to anyone, especially at the price (it cost me an hour on the dyno too so £325 in total). But you’d have to join MT to get that starting price from John.

Here’s my print-out – ignore the jagged look of the graphs as the dyno used doesn’t have smoothing on it. I can assure everyone here that the car is very smooth running indeed.

Craig
12th October 2014, 11:02 AM
sounds like a great result all round. i dont always think its about numbers, more how the car feels ;)

Eddie
12th October 2014, 12:08 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/12/ab40ea45eeabf856283471f2750f1e82.jpg. Glad you happy with your car bud👍.
Here a graph of mine. Had blocked meth jet when done so around 24bhp down. Still a healthy 280 odd :). Be good to see what the guys get the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
12th October 2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds good all round and it's great to have a Scottish tuner ... :)

jdl_1967
12th October 2014, 03:38 PM
That must make some difference!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GERFIX
13th October 2014, 09:17 AM
To be honest, the numbers weren't really my goal, more the actual driving of the car and I'm so chuffed at how things turned out. Obviously the numbers make for good conversation......

As it goes, Sitech are more Ford orientated but they are obviously able to deal with other marques. I suppose it's maybe one of those things where you might just flick past them online when you see all the Ford tuning, thinking they won't do others. Simon himself drives a GP1 as it happens!

And yes, the difference is very noticable!:smilewinkgrin:

Cybermenace
24th April 2015, 08:36 PM
I would like to get my cooper d remapped if that's at all possible

badwolf340
24th April 2015, 09:02 PM
I would like to get my cooper d remapped if that's at all possible
Remapping a CD is possible ,but you would have to contact a mapper,have a look at Chris Knox who is a sponsor of NMS and his page can be found on the first page along with others .

MINI William
24th April 2015, 09:30 PM
As above. It is possible to remap a Cooper D and people have with great results. Give Chris Knox a shout who is a site sponsor