PDA

View Full Version : countryman updates

badwolf340
30th September 2014, 07:59 AM
http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/09/30/2018-countryman-to-grow-in-size-seats-power/

Gismo
30th September 2014, 08:45 AM
Oh dear :sad:

weefossy
30th September 2014, 09:39 AM
No more can be said..........oh dear!

Mon the fish
30th September 2014, 11:02 AM
Keep flogging it BMW!

EcosseGP
30th September 2014, 11:04 AM
Think MINI are trying to venture into too much of the market. I think they need to stick at what the MINI brand was / is all about .. "The clues in the brand title" it's not rocket science !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rpn
30th September 2014, 04:01 PM
So its either to be call BMW Countryman or Mini X1!

badwolf340
30th September 2014, 06:07 PM
One good thing hopefully bigger bhp output for hatch

Crombers
1st October 2014, 12:50 AM
Wow ........ really struggling here 'MINI' :blink:

zimbo
1st October 2014, 11:49 AM
Well apparently the Rocketman project is back on the go :smilewinkgrin: ...so basically heading in the right direction from where I'm sitting so that should bring into the market a miniMINI aka proper city car and be smaller than the F56 etc, I really hope they don't try to can it again and do produce it.

AndyP & Lenore
1st October 2014, 10:41 PM
Bear in mind we're still looking at heavily disguised pics. The chances of it coming out looking 'just like that' are slim.

But I do get the impression most folk in this thread are moaning about the size of the new countryman rather than the looks in the pic. I'm just not sure why. MINI's plan is to create as wide a range of vehicles as they can to satisfy as wide a market as they can. And why shouldn't they? The brand principles and values do spread throughout the different cars you can buy. It's not a case of "a car for every budget", but these are premium brand cars remember. But there is certainly a variety of body styles and to be honest, I'm not sure why the idea of a "bigger countryman" is meeting such resistance. Personally, if they built a MINI the size of a Range Rover Sport, I'd be in the dealer like a shot!

This is all just my opinion, and god knows, I'm used to being told "shut it Pooley-boy, you know nothing", but the name MINI - for ME - no longer means small. It's a brand marque which epitomizes quality, quirkiness, fun and go-cart handling. What size the car actually is, is really up to me when I decide which one to buy.

All just IMHO, of course.:moonie::shut up::Whistle::Whistle::idunno:

badwolf340
2nd October 2014, 06:55 AM
Well said Mr poole ..end of the day when they build it.people will buy it,

Crombers
3rd October 2014, 02:35 AM
As long as MINI keep to the traditions of manufacturing small, fast, striking looking cars (i.e.Rocketman ..... & R50's obviously ;-)) then there is 'room' enough for all tastes.

For me the word MINI means small, 1959 & Cooper ........ but there is something helluva practical in 2014 for those who need space ........ & I'm equally sure my dad's choice (back in the day) of a 1966 'Woodie' Traveller met with a few raised eyebrows amongst the 'then' afficionado.

zimbo
3rd October 2014, 09:39 AM
I still remember all the uproar when the Countryman was first announced amongst the worlwide MINI community and how there was a lot of hate/dislike for it and look at it now, one of minis BEST sellers. And the same could be said for almost any new car by any manufacturer that releases a whole new version/style of car there will always be people who either love it or hate it :yes nod:

I remember I was not that great a fan of the Countryman when it was first announced and I only started to appreciate it for what it is after having seen and driven one personally (out of curiosity mostly) and now if I had the funds to be able to do so I would love to have a JCW version, but I tend you live a lot of my life in a fantasy world :Whistle:

I really cant wait to see the outcome of the Rocketman though as I think that it will hit the nail on the head :thumbs up: