PDA

View Full Version : Folks from Stirling/Falkirk!!!

R7 ETH
3rd September 2004, 04:56 PM
I am looking at moving work again!! and two great oppertunities have come up in house builders one in Stirling and one in Falkirk.Now my only worry is the travelling and how long it would take, they provide a company car so the miles wont be on the mini:D? I live in Tranent just of the A1 east of Edinburgh. Now the AA quote around 45 mins to Falkirk and 1hr15min to Stirling. Does anyone have realistic times for completing these journeys at rush hour?
I dont know if they are flexi time yet so it could be that i avoid the rush hour traffic anyway but i would be gratefull for any estimates or experiences of the journey on the M9.

Ta muchly:)

Scottie
3rd September 2004, 05:27 PM
Youre only problem will be at the Edingburgh side. I travelled the M9 between Dunblane and Grangemouth for 15 years or so and it is one of the quietest roads ever.

The only time I had problems was with the weather in the winter. I could do Stirling to Grangemouth in 10-15 mins. Grangemouth to the roundabout at Edingburh (before the Airport can't remember the name) in about 15 mins the rest do not know.

R7 ETH
3rd September 2004, 05:48 PM
Cool !! yeah i noticed that stretch of road on the M9 just after the turn off to the Bridge was quiet

macblob
3rd September 2004, 06:10 PM
Would have thought the worst bit of that journey would have been getting round the bypass.

I go from Leith walk in Edinburgh to Haddington each day at 7.30am and that takes about 20mins (depending on speed). Mind you most of the traffic seems to be going the other direction , into Edinburgh so that might slow you up.

Wul
3rd September 2004, 06:44 PM
Yup - if you don't make it round the A720 city bypass by about 07.30 then you will be stuck between sherrifhall and dreghorn for at least 30 minutes!!

R7 ETH
6th September 2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys, well after i got my tyre fixed on Saturday i went throught to Falkirk and Stirling took me 50mins to Falkirk and a further 15mins to Stirling.