PDA

View Full Version : car shows

badwolf340
23rd September 2014, 07:56 AM
NMS have done a few shows this year and we have had some great weather and some pretty bad weather but have always had a great time. For the people that have never attended car meets/shows are you planning on doing some next year or is it something that does not float your boat or are social meets more your thing ?or can you come up with something else that you would attend (Rachael ...no pamper days)

davidmacdonald306
23rd September 2014, 08:45 PM
I'll be up for going along to any shows or meets on Sundays

badwolf340
23rd September 2014, 08:49 PM
we are away down south for the big MINI show this sunday ,and through the colder months Craig has started to have cars and coffee meets on sundays at various locations ,have a look at the meets section David and join in you are more than welcome:yes nod:

Mon the fish
23rd September 2014, 08:51 PM
It's the distance for me, plus i always seem to have stuff planned for a rare weekend off

EcosseGP
23rd September 2014, 09:09 PM
I'm in for shows and anything else that gets thrown in (work permitting). The show scene this year has been a great laugh especially doing the plant tour after MITP. It's changed somewhat to be what it should be more social than car orientated which IMO is the right attitude. Cars don't make the club members do. MMM showed that too with the van appearing at 7am !!
NMS is starting to become recognised not only because we have to make so much of an effort to travel to the shows but because of it's friendly members .. Keep doing what you're doing it's all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
23rd September 2014, 09:36 PM
I'm in for shows and anything else that gets thrown in (work permitting). The show scene this year has been a great laugh especially doing the plant tour after MITP. It's changed somewhat to be what it should be more social than car orientated which IMO is the right attitude. Cars don't make the club members do. MMM showed that too with the van appearing at 7am !!
NMS is starting to become recognised not only because we have to make so much of an effort to travel to the shows but because of it's friendly members .. Keep doing what you're doing it's all good.

Kind words Davy

Eddie
24th September 2014, 12:04 AM
Kind words Davy

Second What William says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP & Lenore
24th September 2014, 09:55 AM
Weekends off are a rarity for us too. Also, we have the mutt and we try hard not to just dump him on someone so we need to balance carefully the number of times he is left with family and the number of actual full weekends we can take off, so for the two to coincide is rare to be honest. It's not for the lack of wanting to attend, it's the lack of being able to attend. There's nothing NMS and event organisers can do to help with that, that's all down to us.

Mon the fish
24th September 2014, 11:40 AM
On a personal level, I'd also rather drive the thing like a loon than stand and stare at cars at a show, again just my opinion

Crombers
24th September 2014, 04:14 PM
Having been a regular attendee at all things NMS in the past I have now 'fine tuned' what I can & can't do. Due to work commitments i.e. working 3 weekends out of 5, the two I do get off are soon booked up with things to do. I have also decided that certain events appeal to me/us more than others. Shows are just not my thing whereas a real good run followed by a night in the pub (i.e. overnighters) whet my/our appetite.

I suppose you could say NMS on tour gets my/our vote :thumbs up:

stoney
24th September 2014, 08:00 PM
Shows and weekends away for me 👍 with Jessica runs are not practical just now but that will change in the next year or so 😏

Eddie
25th September 2014, 02:26 PM
Am up for anything 👊

EcosseGP
25th September 2014, 06:31 PM
^^ so we heard Eddie :)

Eddie
25th September 2014, 10:52 PM
^^ so we heard Eddie :)

You know it 😂

donnaj1dlh
26th September 2014, 12:15 PM
Everything is so far away from Aberdeen *sigh*

DigitalLemming
26th September 2014, 01:18 PM
I think it's been mentioned in the past by some of the others, but I like the idea of NMS putting on it's own car show one day, could combine it with a charity collection and get the NMS name out there. If we did it somewhere like the new transport museum in Glasgow you'd get plenty of people interested as well.

stoney
26th September 2014, 02:30 PM

Easy way to sort that is organising a run uo your way any one can do it 👍

Mon the fish
26th September 2014, 03:31 PM
We should hire the track at Alford for our own track day :)

Chrisj
26th September 2014, 03:54 PM
We should hire the track at Alford for our own track day :)
Looking about at least £700 for Alford for the day. That's why we stopped the Aberdeen mini club days there, just became too expensive.. :(

May revisit it for next year...

Ivano
26th September 2014, 04:05 PM
We at Harry Fairbairn are happy to get involved in Events in conjunction with any of our 4 sites Giffnock, Irvine, Kirkcaldy and now Inverness.

Would always be happy to look at an ideas anybody has.

Mon the fish
26th September 2014, 04:10 PM
Looking about at least £700 for Alford for the day. That's why we stopped the Aberdeen mini club days there, just became too expensive.. :(

I think you can hire the track personally for a lot less, but just the track

Chrisj
26th September 2014, 04:32 PM
That might be only during the week though? Been a while since I read through the price lists. Big rise in costs was the hay bales the musuem made you put round the track, we were £150 for that and that was with it being shared with two other clubs who had events either side of us...

Mon the fish
26th September 2014, 05:08 PM
You could be right - think it's weekday mornings it's only £15 an hour or something like that

badwolf340
26th September 2014, 06:31 PM
I think it's been mentioned in the past by some of the others, but I like the idea of NMS putting on it's own car show one day, could combine it with a charity collection and get the NMS name out there. If we did it somewhere like the new transport museum in Glasgow you'd get plenty of people interested as well.
Would take some organisation,but it's a poss ,already have a venue in mind,and a potential list of other clubs to invite

EcosseGP
26th September 2014, 08:13 PM
Would be good and if we had enough volunteers it would make it easier too.
I'm sure we'd get the support of some of the clubs that's for sure.

badwolf340
26th September 2014, 09:50 PM
need a get together for opinions

krismcewan
12th October 2014, 09:15 AM
ELMOC are planning a show in Haddington on 6th June 2015. We would love for NMS to attend and be next to the ELMOC cars.

Sent from my iPhanny using Tapatalk

krismcewan
12th October 2014, 09:17 AM

Hope you do Chris. We loved that show and would be up in a heartbeat.

EcosseGP
12th October 2014, 02:18 PM
ELMOC are planning a show in Haddington on 6th June 2015. We would love for NMS to attend and be next to the ELMOC cars.

I'm sure we'll be able to get a few MINIs together for a club stand :)

stoney
12th October 2014, 07:52 PM

Yep that sounds good if you would set up a new thread for it that would be brill and just let us know how meany spaces ect we can have 👍and what info we need where to buy tickets ect

Thanks Stoney Mod team

MINI William
12th October 2014, 08:25 PM
Sounds great Kris. Would be great for NMS to attened