PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door lock barrel?

SeanC
5th September 2014, 07:32 PM
I have a 2004 Cooper and have noticed that the key wont fully insert in to the barrel on the drivers door. Its no doubt rusted in there as its probably always been unlocked with the remote so I have squirted in some WD40 in hope it will free it off but I very much doubt it will :sad:

So my question is; Can I order a new barrel which is correct to my key from MINI? and if so has anyone done so before and how much am I looking at for a new one?

Ta in advance,

Sean

Alex from NM
5th September 2014, 08:58 PM
Trying to rack my brain. I've changed a full actuator unit on an R50 but not the barrel with the pins but I have changed barrels on other cars

With your vin they should be able to order you the correct lock but I suspect you would have to get the pins set properly. it's probably easier to service your existing barrel out the car, just do it very carefully if you remove it

SeanC
5th September 2014, 09:16 PM
Cheers Alex, if im up early enough in the morning I will price a barrel up. Hopefully it won't cost the earth

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SeanC
6th September 2014, 12:12 PM
Wee update, I went to Eastern Mini this morning and can order a compete new lock which is correct to my key for £46. It will take a few weeks to arrive. Hopefully it will be easy enough to fit! :)