PDA

View Full Version : Service

sw
2nd September 2004, 09:18 PM
Just booked my 52 MCS in for its second service, this is the first time I have had to get it serviced. Is there anything i should watch out for thats not covered by tlc?

Also my mini pulls to the left, when I mentioned this I was told that a wheel alignment check is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles under warranty. I would have to pay for this to be checked. Any ideas how to get the pulling fixed without having to fork out cash?

Gismo
2nd September 2004, 09:29 PM
The pulling to the left was a common fault in the earlier models and should still be covered under warranty.
I wouldn't accept that the alignment is only covered by a 12 months warranty, ask them to prove that in writing

Things not covered by the TLC would be tyres, brake pads, wiper blades etc, no charge for doing the work but expect to pay for replacement parts

Steve74
2nd September 2004, 09:45 PM
I had the same thing. The Mini seems to be pretty camber sensitive like all BMW's and it might not be a fault.

X30YES
3rd September 2004, 02:03 AM
My first mini (51) was repaired under warranty .......'pulling to the left ' common on the first batch ...as BS says.New springs etc were fitted and some tweeks rectified the problem .

Wul
3rd September 2004, 06:41 PM
Don't let the dealer wash the car - they make a mess of it!

Apart from that the other guys have covered pretty much it all - make sure they stamp your sevice manual too as they sometimes forget!!

3GGG
3rd September 2004, 11:29 PM
Have you had the brake fluid changed yet? You can check how many days to the next change by pressing the odometer button when you switch the ignition on.

sw
11th September 2004, 01:18 AM
Well the service went fine, pulling to the left was because i had a puncture!!!! runflat light never came on! They even washed it and never made a mess of it. would recommend Morrisons Kirkcaldy to anyone else.