PDA

View Full Version : Ice Bucket Challenge

MINI William
25th August 2014, 08:42 PM
What can I say!! What an internet sensation this has become and all for such a great cause, so far raising 37million I believe . My turn finally came tonight, but I will be breaking the trend and donating my money to Alzheimers Scotland as it's a charity close to all at the Harper clan households.
So who has done one or got one to do???

marky
25th August 2014, 09:25 PM
I done it last night. Avoided it for a while. But my mate nominated me..

stoney
25th August 2014, 10:03 PM
I did it tonight thanks to your dad and Zimbo :lol:

SeanC
25th August 2014, 10:14 PM
I done mine at the weekend. I thought I had escsped from nomination lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
25th August 2014, 10:17 PM
I'm doing mine tomorrow - thanks again William!

teslar
25th August 2014, 11:29 PM
Done mine on Sunday :)
https://vimeo.com/104348562

Crombers
26th August 2014, 06:42 AM
Doing mine today, but now struggling to come up with nominations. Superb concept but I reckon we've now peaked.

Big Gordy
26th August 2014, 07:39 AM
struggling to come up with nominations. Superb concept but I reckon we've now peaked.

I'm thinking the same Alan

Mon the fish
26th August 2014, 07:47 AM
Personally, it's the stupidest thing I've heard all year. I refused to do mine, thinking that peer pressure finished at school.

I'll stick to doing marathons for charity

donnaj1dlh
26th August 2014, 08:44 AM
I did mine .... it's a laugh! Left it so late I struggled to find any FB pals still to do it!!

Craig
26th August 2014, 09:23 AM
Same as you Gordon - as a family we give every month to charity and don't need to be bullied into doing something stupid.... A lot of people don't even appear to be donating which is the whole point of it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
26th August 2014, 10:58 AM
It's a bit of fun and get charity awareness so IMO it's not a bad thing did not here of loads of people complaining when it was the no slap selfy for breast cancer !!

badwolf340
26th August 2014, 01:10 PM
Stupid ...
Dont think so...childish/fun/silly definately ,bullied I hope not...are we all different ...hope so

teslar
26th August 2014, 03:34 PM
Never felt bullied or pressured to do mine. It was fun really and even if your a charity giver, let's face it who knew much about ALS/MND before this or gave them any cash. If you look into the charity behind the original idea you'll find a devastating illness which usually has only its sufferers and friends to rely on for donations. I was happy to help in my small way

Mon the fish
26th August 2014, 05:14 PM
The whole thing reminds me of the 'Make Poverty History' wristbands that seemed very trendy a few years ago. You don't seem to see them now, and I'm pretty sure there's just as much poverty in the world as there was then.

Just strikes me as another bandwagon to jump onto, and everyone will have forgotten about the whole thing, charity included, in a few months

Jude
26th August 2014, 05:25 PM
I take my hat off to all those who have chosen to raise money for charity whether it is through the ice bucket challenge,a sponsored walk or any other form of fundraising event. Sadly most of our lives will have been touched by illness whether its ourselves or loved ones. So we have to respect that we all have our own ideas about how to do this and I'm just grateful to know such awesome people who care enough to do something for charity.

badwolf340
26th August 2014, 06:14 PM
The whole thing reminds me of the 'Make Poverty History' wristbands that seemed very trendy a few years ago. You don't seem to see them now, and I'm pretty sure there's just as much poverty in the world as there was then.

Just strikes me as another bandwagon to jump onto, and everyone will have forgotten about the whole thing, charity included, in a few months
48 million raised in less than a month,don't think charity's would forget that one ,and may make a difference to the people who suffer from ALS

Mon the fish
26th August 2014, 06:16 PM
It's good that charities get money, it really is. Just don't know why it takes something like this for giving to happen

cuddles
26th August 2014, 06:22 PM
Because its fun and helps, and not everyone can run a marathon and every little helps

- - - Updated - - -

And yes Jude I take my hat off to all who do this to help others xxxx

badwolf340
26th August 2014, 06:32 PM
It's good that charities get money, it really is. Just don't know why it takes something like this for giving to happen
Lots of reasons for people not to donate ,probs lots of little reasons ,but something that does get people to donate has got to be a good thing ...until the next thing comes along ,who knows

Mon the fish
26th August 2014, 06:48 PM
I think its the herd mentality, like in so much of modern life, that I don't like - "everyone is doing it!"

I think it's the fact it's on Facebook too, as that's something I particularly detest.

But as has been said, lots of £££ for a good cause. I'm just getting a particularly miserable old git

bry_mini
26th August 2014, 06:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/27/aty8aguj.jpg

DigitalLemming
26th August 2014, 07:14 PM
Anything that gets people donating money to any charity, no matter how much has to be a good thing IMO. This seems to be reaching more people than anything I've seen recently which is fantastic.

I lost my grandfather to MND/ALS when I was 6 months old, so have no memories of him. I know how horrible this particular disease is and in some cases how quickly it can take effect. My donation went to MND Scotland, I've done various other things for them in past but this was something quick and easy so I'm happy to lose a bit of dignity for 5 minutes!

Magoo
26th August 2014, 09:57 PM
We'll said Andrew, Facebook have approx. 1.23 billion users so seems to be the best place to get some awareness. It'll fade but the money will be used for something good!

ianking
28th August 2014, 01:33 PM
Done mine the other night, in the theme of car washing.

EcosseGP
28th August 2014, 02:56 PM
^^ what ? Double bucket method, clayed and de-tarred ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ianking
29th August 2014, 10:54 AM
^^ what ? Double bucket method, clayed and de-tarred ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pre-foam, 2 bucket method then a seperate bucket for wheels. ;)

Big Gordy
29th August 2014, 12:31 PM
You had skates on while drowning yourself......cool :p