PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof fly screen?

teslar
21st August 2014, 08:41 PM
Well it looks like I've found a problem with my new to me car :)

The panoramic sun roof works well so that not the problem though I've read a few people have had problems with them. Where I'm having trouble is the fly screen in the front part doesn't retract after you pull it forward. I had a devil of s job front to get it to retract neatly. So I'm not keen to use it again till I get it fixed. So my question is has anyone experienced this and is it an easy fix. Failing that can you point me in the direction of someone in the lothians preferably who could fix it for me

I'd rather not take it to the Stealers for something like this

Help appreciated :)

Alex from NM
21st August 2014, 09:36 PM
They are a doddle to take out. It might help if you lubticate the runners but if they need to come out just undo the 6 torx bolts holding the glass in and it lifts out

I need a replacement as I've ripped mine as it also got stuck and I didn't realise and gave it a good heave :(

teslar
21st August 2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks Alex. I'll take a look to see where the torx bolts are. Does the glass come out leaving the frame in place in the roof. I a bit wary of tampering as I've hear a few stories about roofs stuck open

Alex from NM
21st August 2014, 09:56 PM
Yes, glass lifts out and the frame is left. The roller blind will unclip at the rear of the guides and just pull straight out.

When you put it back the glass should go in very slightly angled with forward rake to reduce wind noise. Aim for the front to be about 2mm below the roof level and really tighten those torx screws up as they tend to rattle like mad when they come loose