PDA

View Full Version : Upper Windscreen Rubber

EcosseGP
4th August 2014, 09:06 PM
I'm looking to see if anyone can help with a wee query ..

I'd like to change the upper rubber windscreen rubber on the S (as it's got a small nick out of it) and wondered if anyone had done it before. It would appear from the new one that it has a metal "U" shape running the length of it and might just slide onto the top of the windscreen and form a seal but not too sure. Could be that it has to be fixed/glued in ..
Also to do it I presume the a pillar corners need to come off ? Do they just pull off ?
If it's bonded in then it might just mean it'll need to wait or I'll nip down and see if someone at auto glass might be able to assist.
Any help would be appreciated.

stoney
4th August 2014, 09:11 PM
The pillar is screwed and clipped on you will fined the screws under the door seal hope this helps.

The rest I can not help you with

jdl_1967
4th August 2014, 09:48 PM
I changed my broken pillar as above, less than 5 minutes to remove old and replace with new :-)

jdl_1967
4th August 2014, 09:49 PM
Are you in work tomorrow? I can pop across

emicen
4th August 2014, 10:00 PM
Windscreen rubber is bonded in. I wouldn't risk removing it for a cosmetic niggle tbh with the risk of cracking the screen during removal.

Gismo
5th August 2014, 09:58 AM
I'd advise to leave alone unless it's leaking, but, if it niggles you that much get Auto Glass to do it, screen is bonded and not worth your hassle

EcosseGP
5th August 2014, 02:40 PM
Excellent that'll do for me was just checking before I started a job I really couldn't finish !!
It's just for cosmetic purposes so it can wait ...