PDA

View Full Version : What do you listen to?

Eddie_JCW
22nd July 2014, 10:17 PM
I have a very wide taste in music but I always tend to end up with Bruce Springsteen blasting at least once a day. I have different songs for different roads and different driving styles :)

What's normally on in your car?

Craig
22nd July 2014, 10:22 PM
I listen to Capital radio or trance\dance music... (Or boom boom music as Jude calls it ). Never grow old:)

Eddie_JCW
22nd July 2014, 10:25 PM
:lol: Craig I'd have never expected that! I also like some dance music, I'm not totally in the dark ages with music :P

Craig
22nd July 2014, 10:28 PM
Yeah, Jude has mentioned that I need to remember my age..... Naaaaaah :lol:

Eddie_JCW
22nd July 2014, 10:28 PM
You're only as old as you feel ;)

Craig
22nd July 2014, 10:30 PM
Feckin hell, I must be 60 at the moment !! :lol:

Eddie_JCW
22nd July 2014, 10:32 PM
I'm saying nothing!! my parents taught me to respect my elders :lol:

Craig
22nd July 2014, 10:32 PM
Ha ha ;)

Neil - TXJ
22nd July 2014, 11:46 PM
I am quite sad a like general 'pop' music. Stopped buying albums years ago as would always just listen to the Singles tracks - still buy the Now albums and am trying to get copies of them all!

Have c1500 tracks on my phone which have probably all been hit singles and something from most types of music would be on their from the Carpenters to Limp Bizkit.

Listen to a lot of Podcasts nowadays as well

EcosseGP
23rd July 2014, 03:00 AM
Oh I like all sorts of stuff the only think I don't listen to is classical or heavy metal.
Always the same though I usually revert back to scottish music ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
23rd July 2014, 03:16 AM
I'm pretty much the same Davy I listen to a bit of everything. The only classical song I like is "Time to say goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. The heaviest I go is Iron Maiden - "Run to the hills" great driving song that! I like a bit of everything in between.... except One Direction :argh: I get force-fed some of that when I'm in Rachael's car because she's been warned when we're in my car it's my music so she's adopted that rule for her car :( I can't win... thankfully I'm rarely in her car :thumbs up:

I love music especially stuff I've never heard before or not heard in a long time, perhaps that's an idea for a new thread it's amazing all the stuff that disappears and is almost forgotten about yet it's great music :)

Mon the fish
23rd July 2014, 06:19 AM
I listen to sweet exhaust music - if you can hear the stereo then your exhaust isn't loud enough!

Neil - TXJ
23rd July 2014, 08:12 AM
Today's first track from playlist on random
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/tabaduty.jpg

Eddie_JCW
23rd July 2014, 11:21 AM
Neil I also have that song in one of my playlists :) I only have time to listen to one or 2 songs on my commute so I have to choose wisely or my whole day is ruined :lol:

Mon I quite often just listen to the music the car makes ;) and it's going to get a whole lot better/louder :thumbs up:

Alex from NM
23rd July 2014, 11:41 AM
Normally a bit of indie/rock but generally anything.
Right now it's this as I type
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/e5ugezy4.jpg

Neil - TXJ
23rd July 2014, 12:20 PM
Neil I also have that song in one of my playlists :) I only have time to listen to one or 2 songs on my commute so I have to choose wisely or my whole day is ruined :lol:

Mon I quite often just listen to the music the car makes ;) and it's going to get a whole lot better/louder :thumbs up:

Spending 2 hours in the car a day gives me plenty of time but clearly I love listening to the sound of my Diesel engine :)

ELFMAN
23rd July 2014, 12:28 PM
To be honest, I don't tend to listen to anything if I'm on a good piece of road as I find it a distraction! :smilewinkgrin: Not just an 'Age Thing' either - as long as I can remember I've always turned off the 'sounds' when the road gets interesting. I tend to like to really get into my music OUT of the car, 'cos I reckon I can appreciate both pastimes better separately.

Maybe I just can't multi-task, but to agree with Mon, all my cars have sounded pretty good, so I can make my own 'music' as I go along! :thumbs up:

However, if I'm on holiday 'up North' just cruising along, it'll probably be a bit of Led Zeppelin... or Jimi, or Floyd. Or generally something Folky or Proggy :yes nod:
Or maybe the Cocteau Twins :scratch: or the Beatles... or... or... :explode:

My iPod Classic has over 7,400 tunes on it at the moment, so I can probably conjure up something for any mood or occasion! :dance: :sad: :excited: :sadangel: :cool:

DigitalLemming
23rd July 2014, 12:48 PM
Same as Elfman if the road gets interesting then I'll shut off the music to focus on the road!

Otherwise my music taste can change with the weather, at the moment as it's nice and sunny so it's typically something upbeat, dancey and loud enough to disturb the neighbours! Outside of that it can vary wildly from Bryan Adams through Nickelback, from Amy McDonald to Coldplay. Captial, Heart Scotland, Clyde 1 and Kerrang are all found on my radio presets as well. A real mixed bag!

The only things you won't find on my music collection is heavy rock/metal and classical.

Eddie_JCW
23rd July 2014, 01:04 PM
I have to admit there are certain roads I turn my music off for, because hearing the car makes life a lot easier and I love it's noise! Oh and tunnels it's always off for tunnels so I can make as much noise as possible :lol:

Craig
23rd July 2014, 01:44 PM
Oooooh, tunnel run.... Now there is a thought :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELFMAN
23rd July 2014, 01:50 PM
hearing the car makes life a lot easier

That's a good point Eddie - actually hearing what your car is doing is - to me - an important part of the driving experience.
If I can't hear the mechanical stuff, it's almost as if one of my 'Driving Senses' has been switched off :shut up: :idunno:
The exact opposite of yon 'Weans in Corsas' (other small hatchbacks are available) with the ICE hanging out of the boot and blood pouring out of their ears.

I'd go as far as to say that 'The louder the music, the less capable the driver' :smilewinkgrin: :stirpot:

donnaj1dlh
23rd July 2014, 01:59 PM
Tough call this .... my programmed favourite radio stations are Absolute 80s, Absolute 90s, Radio 1, Radio 2, Northsound, Talksport (for 'im!)
Got all sorts on my ipod ......current favourites are Avici, Paloma Faith, Paul Heaton, Kodaline, Rudimental ....told ya ....allsorts!!! Even got a 'Country' playlist in there somewhere!!!!!

MINI William
23rd July 2014, 02:13 PM
I usualy listen to the radio to and from work, usually Radio 2 with Chris in the Morning & Simon on the way home. When out and about its either my Ipod (I need to put some new songs on as im getting bored of whats on there just now), Radio (Heart, Forth1) or nothing, its nice to just be out a drive and not have the radio on and just enjoy the car.

A tunnel run :yes nod: yes please ..... we will have the Tyne Tunnel on the Heartbeat Tour but we need a tunnel run

Alex from NM
23rd July 2014, 03:27 PM
Careful in the Tyne tunnel as the speed cameras are on these days. Coming south is 40mph though which sounds good in 2nd gear with the sunroof open :)

Always have my music on as it hides the sound of the rattles lol

Eddie_JCW
23rd July 2014, 03:58 PM
Can't beat a bit of Radio 2 :thumbs up: I hope you sing your heart out to "Candy Man" on a Friday. I used to have R2 on when I drove coaches as the traffic info is second to none, the music Chris, Simon and Ken Bruce play is usually quite good, although, some of the subjects on Jeremy Vine were a bit NSFW :lol:

Yes we do need a tunnel run ;) Clyde tunnel anyone? :lol:

MINI William
23rd July 2014, 04:00 PM
Careful in the Tyne tunnel as the speed cameras are on these days. Coming south is 40mph though which sounds good in 2nd gear with the sunroof open :)

Always have my music on as it hides the sound of the rattles lol

:ragin:

MINI William
23rd July 2014, 04:07 PM
Can't beat a bit of Radio 2 :thumbs up: I hope you sing your heart out to "Candy Man" on a Friday. I used to have R2 on when I drove coaches as the traffic info is second to none, the music Chris, Simon and Ken Bruce play is usually quite good, although, some of the subjects on Jeremy Vine were a bit NSFW :lol:

Yes we do need a tunnel run ;) Clyde tunnel anyone? :lol:

I used to but Candy man has now been replaced with Talk To The Animals, which just isnt quite CandyMan

CiderFex
23rd July 2014, 04:53 PM
I normally listen to Radio 4 but I'll listen to anything from Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Dead Kennedy's, Slipknot, almost anything apart from mainstream music to be honest.

Since I bought 1499 I can no longer drive "spiritedly" whilst listening to anything apart from the 'charger, Milltek and engine.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
23rd July 2014, 05:49 PM
For anyone in an R53 - take out your pollen filter and you'll never hear the radio over the epic whine :)

digi
23rd July 2014, 08:33 PM
depends on my mood at the time .if work is getting to me then its absolute 80s
if im happy its absolute 80s
if im sad its absolute 80s
if im in a tunel i cant get absolute 80s so i floor it instead lol

Eddie_JCW
23rd July 2014, 08:36 PM
I used to but Candy man has now been replaced with Talk To The Animals, which just isnt quite CandyMan

Gutted :( can anyone remember what was before Candy Man?

jdl_1967
24th July 2014, 12:33 AM
For anyone in an R53 - take out your pollen filter and you'll never hear the radio over the epic whine :)

Just tried this tonight, with the filter removed but the cover refitted, didn't notice too much difference. Took the cover off and wow, fun for 5 minutes and then too much.

I think my somewhat oversized airbox inlet and suitably modified scuttle panel might help too.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/zape9e5y.jpg

Thanks for the tip though, I'll use it to frighten people occasionally :-)

Music-wise, just about anything, I love my Deezer as it allows me to try all sorts I'd previously never even considered at a reasonable set monthly fee.