PDA

View Full Version : no plate question

digi
18th July 2014, 07:05 PM
got my v5 today with my private reg on it .so can i fit the plates or do i have to wait for a new tax disk first ? :confused:

stoney
18th July 2014, 07:06 PM
Need to wait for your tax disk I'm afraid but don't think if will be far away ;)

digi
18th July 2014, 07:22 PM
cheers stoney might chance it for sunday .it must be in the post

stoney
18th July 2014, 08:02 PM
cheers stoney might chance it for sunday .it must be in the post

Tbh that would not be the best idea as there will be lots of police around and lots of ANPR about.

you could always swap it over at the show and then again before you leave the show gourd ;)

digi
18th July 2014, 08:17 PM
hmm good point ill put the plate holders on and fit show plates when i get there

Mon the fish
18th July 2014, 08:22 PM
Is your car taxed under the new plate? If so the cameras will pick that up

MINI William
18th July 2014, 09:44 PM
What stand are you on digi? Mind and pop over and say hi.

digi
18th July 2014, 10:05 PM
erm public parking but should make hermi gate if im up in time

Eddie
18th July 2014, 11:02 PM
No worry bout displayed tax. Soon you won't have to anyway. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
19th July 2014, 12:14 AM
Vehicle Excise and a regulation Act 1994
Section 33 Not exhibiting licence.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he uses, or keeps, on a public road a vehicle in respect of which vehicle excise duty is chargeable, and

(b) there is not fixed to and exhibited on the vehicle in the manner prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State a licence for, or in respect of, the vehicle which is for the time being in force.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
19th July 2014, 06:18 AM
In theory not displaying a disc is illegal, but you'd be really unlucky to be caught. If the car is taxed I wouldn't worry

Angib
19th July 2014, 10:39 AM
The Government statement said:

Also from 1 October 2014, the paper tax disc, first issued on 1 January 1921, will no longer be issued and required to be displayed on a vehicle windscreen. Vehicle tax will still need to be paid but with DVLA having a digital record of who has and has not paid, a paper tax disc is no longer necessary as proof that vehicle tax is paid.

Though I've seen quite a few vehicles with no tax disc lately so I think there's lots of people who reckon it applies already.

If the new number plate is taxed, then I don't think there will be a problem and the definitive place to check is https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax - this is what the police and ANPR are using.

EcosseGP
19th July 2014, 11:03 AM
^^ only new vehicles have an exemption to displaying tax for the first 14 days as garages can longer issue vehicle excise licences ..
As from 01.10.14 the offence of failing to display an excise licence will cease not the offence of failing to have, up until then it'll still be an offence which carries a £100 (minimum) fine ..

badwolf340
19th July 2014, 02:28 PM
^^ only new vehicles have an exemption to displaying tax for the first 14 days as garages can longer issue vehicle excise licences ..
As from 01.10.14 the offence of failing to display an excise licence will cease not the offence of failing to have, up until then it'll still be an offence which carries a £100 (minimum) fine ..

yip running about without a tax disc at the mo ,but will have to put it on when it comes

MINI William
19th July 2014, 04:11 PM
Digi there is a free space now so if you want it it's yours.

EcosseGP
19th July 2014, 09:06 PM
yip running about without a tax disc at the mo ,but will have to put it on when it comes

Ah but you're exempt :):):) at the mo ...

badwolf340
20th July 2014, 06:39 AM
Ah but you're exempt :):):) at the mo ...

Of course I am exempt I am the special ones father :p