PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating steel rims; any recommendations..?

tangledfeet
17th July 2014, 09:44 AM
I've run winter tyres for several years now on my previous car and before getting the Mini I'd always just had the tyres changed over - but I now plan on getting some steel rims for the winter through HF and the 10% NMS discount.

I fancy getting them powdercoated... either as close as I can get to the Mini volcanic orange - or white! I'd always liked white enamel rims as a kid, before alloy rims became commonplace.

Has anyone had this done - how much and any recommendations for where to go? Ideally Fife/Dundee if possible.

Sideways Steve
17th July 2014, 10:18 AM
I think ipf powder coating in Glenrothes are still around and they should be able to help you out :)

tangledfeet
17th July 2014, 10:38 AM
I think ipf powder coating in Glenrothes are still around and they should be able to help you out :)

Perfect; that's where I teach. Will get in touch with them - cheers!

MINI William
17th July 2014, 01:01 PM
We have used Pentland Powercoating in Loanhead just behind Ikea on a few sets of wheels and always had fantastic results

Craig
17th July 2014, 04:00 PM
I used IPF about 8 years ago - great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil - TXJ
17th July 2014, 08:06 PM
We have used Pentland Powercoating in Loanhead just behind Ikea on a few sets of wheels and always had fantastic results

Agree 👍

EcosseGP
17th July 2014, 08:22 PM
There's back o hill powder coating in Stirling they do a good job and cheap. Why not spray paint them yourself if they're going to be brand new steel wheels ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craig
17th July 2014, 09:57 PM
I know a man that's good at spray painting steel wheels :)

EcosseGP
18th July 2014, 07:08 PM
and I know a man that isn't lol :):)

Craig
18th July 2014, 09:52 PM
and I know a man that isn't lol :):)

:lol: