PDA

View Full Version : advice please

digi
9th July 2014, 09:03 PM
hi bit of a noob here and looking for advice on cleaning and caring for the soft top and leather seats on my jcw roadster
ive never had either before and dont want to screw them up

tia digi

EcosseGP
9th July 2014, 10:18 PM
You really don't need to do much to the leather seats just maybe coat or feed them with a leather conditioner. We use a CG one that's very good but the AG leather care I've found is also good.
As for the soft top we've only used AG Cabriolet cleaner and protector it's easy to use and so far seems to provide a good level of protection ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

digi
9th July 2014, 10:57 PM
thanks ill pick some up from halfrauds

Mon the fish
10th July 2014, 06:25 AM
I can't speak highly enough of Gliptone leather stuff, GT12 to clean and GT11 to condition. Has made an unbelievable difference to the softness of the leather in our cars, easy to apply as well

MINI William
10th July 2014, 06:52 AM
We have just used gliptone on the Recaros in the Clubvan and had amazing results. I also like Auto Finesse Hide both the cleaner and the conditioner.

badwolf340
10th July 2014, 07:48 AM
Gliptone is the biz :thumbs up:

Sideways Steve
10th July 2014, 09:50 AM
Yup gilptone is very good, it's pricey but works unlike most of the cheaper ones !

EcosseGP
10th July 2014, 11:33 AM
Just checked the price for that and it's doesn't appear any more expensive than some of the other products .. be interested to see it's results though :)

Mon the fish
10th July 2014, 12:30 PM
I tried Connolly hide feed on the 550M, and Gliptone on the Z4. The Z4 came up brilliant, the 550M Ok (the leather is 17yo, and was a bit dry in places).

Changed to Gliptone on the 550M, and the leather is so soft now. Very impressed

EcosseGP
11th July 2014, 08:11 AM
Good to hear .. Maybe worth a try if everyone recommends it :)

digi
11th July 2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the advice got some gliptone on order from amazon

digi
21st July 2014, 12:32 PM
well after having the dirtiest car on the nms stand on sunday i got my hands on some anglewax stuff .needless to say ive been ouit and washed polished and waxed the car ,cleaned all the black trim inside and out and retreated the soft top .all i cn say is its a dammned site easyer to clean a car with the stuff available now compared to 20ish years ago !

badwolf340
2nd August 2014, 11:52 AM
well after having the dirtiest car on the nms stand on sunday i got my hands on some anglewax stuff .needless to say ive been ouit and washed polished and waxed the car ,cleaned all the black trim inside and out and retreated the soft top .all i cn say is its a dammned site easyer to clean a car with the stuff available now compared to 20ish years ago !

and where are the pics of the handy work :thumbs up:

CiderFex
2nd August 2014, 12:19 PM
I've been using Glipton G11 and G12 for about 9 years now and I won't use anything else.
It kept the full leather interior of mi Primera looking gorgeous for over 6 years and is doing a great job on the Recaros in Redward.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

badwolf340
2nd August 2014, 08:21 PM
^^^^^this^^^^^
Pete put me onto Glipton its great

CiderFex
2nd August 2014, 09:38 PM
I'm useful, sometimes.......
:)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

digi
4th August 2014, 11:46 PM
sorry been really heavily involved in my ham radio club for the last two weeks i will try to get the car done again and post some pics and vids
i just love angelwax stuff right now