PDA

View Full Version : End of an era...

zimbo
9th July 2014, 10:46 AM
Well I'm very sad to say that my adventure with MINI ownership for the past 12 years has sadly come to an end as of yesterday afternoon :sad:

As I'm sure a few of you will know, I am expecting my 1st baby (or my partner is, not ACTUALLY me lol) who is due to arrive if all goes to plan at the end of next week :thumbs up: so I have had to reduce a lot of my outgoings financially wise while also trying to find a five door vehicle with easy access to the rear seats, has to have a decent size boot and has to be cheap and ecominical to run and own, so after what seems like forever I finally made a decision and put an order in for my new car at the beginning of May (I think it was :scratch:) and the car finally arrived at the dealers this weekend and I got to pick the car up yesterday afternoon, so it was a sad and happy day for me with mixed emotions. I still have the Cooper until someone buys it!!

Anyway here is my new baby mobile...

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2910/14631247873_6fdf2ea1ce_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/29126941@N04/14631247873/)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3922/14608013601_1f8b30ddb0_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/29126941@N04/14608013601/)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2928/14424668139_c4cae5e4f2_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/29126941@N04/14424668139/)

Its a 1.0 75bhp VW High UP! in Mayan Blue and the only options I added to the car were the Sports kit which gave me the alloys, lowered suspension privacy windows and anthracite roof lining (which only became available about a 3 weeks before I ordered my car lol, thank goodness as I love the dark rooflining) and also added the City safe as its called as it was the only way of getting the passenger de-activation switch for if and when I have the child seat in the front passenger seat which includes a system which stops the car for you if your travelling 30mph or less and dont react in time to any obstacle appearing infront of you before you hit it.

I plan to try to put aside a £1 or two or three etc if I have any spare going to try save up and get myself another mini as a weekend toy someday hopefully.

I will still be lingering around here in a dark corner somewhere :yes nod:, you cant get rid of me that easy :lol:

stoney
9th July 2014, 11:47 AM
Good luck mate don't go to far now and believe me time will fly once little one is here !!!

ELFMAN
9th July 2014, 12:55 PM
:bigwave: All The Best for the future Zimbo!

Mon the fish
9th July 2014, 01:25 PM
All the best, and remember R53s are now mega cheap, and perfect for a weekend toy

Gismo
9th July 2014, 02:07 PM
Sad and happy days right enough :babypram:

Crombers
9th July 2014, 04:11 PM
By all accounts a brilliant (new car) choice sir :yes nod: (will be on my shortlist when the Punto ....... eventually falls apart ;))

There is no doubt that we'll see you in a MINI one day soon :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
9th July 2014, 04:48 PM
Oh no way ... Sorry to hear that the MINI has had to make way for the UP ! but needs must I suppose and sometimes the sensible side comes out in everyone. All the best for you, your partner, the car and wee one :):)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neil - TXJ
9th July 2014, 04:53 PM
Nice car - out of interest was there much difference between this and the Skoda/Seat versions.

jonnie
9th July 2014, 07:00 PM
Nice little motor, good luck with the future.

badwolf340
9th July 2014, 07:19 PM
nice car and a really nice colour ,your always welcome as we hope you know :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
10th July 2014, 02:00 AM
Really sad the MINI has to go but it's a new chapter in your life mate and as others have said, needs must.

The Up looks a great wee package. Nice colour too. I wish you many happy miles in it. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Alex from NM
10th July 2014, 06:48 AM
My daily driver now is a Mii which is the same car. They're not bad pieces of kit to be fair. And your up! Looks very smart.

zimbo
10th July 2014, 09:20 AM
Thank you all very much for all the replies and well wishes :D

ianking
10th July 2014, 01:39 PM
Great looking new car.
Its not sad that the hatch mini has to go as its completely outweighed by the fact that you will soon enough have an amazingly precious baby to give all your attentions to.

I for one wouldnt change it for the world.

Remember and pop on here with news about the baby when he/she arrives

Duncan Stewart
10th July 2014, 02:24 PM
Lovely little UP , been seriously considering on myself just the same in that blue or red. And congrats on the other new arrival that is due soon :-)

ELFMAN
10th July 2014, 02:38 PM
always welcome as we hope you know :yes nod:

Hear Hear! :yes nod:

Craig
10th July 2014, 02:47 PM
Looking great mate - your always welcome on here :)

Best of luck when the nipper comes around :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimbo
10th July 2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys. Ian how is your wee man doing? Have you been in for a road test Duncan?
I hope to be like Euan the Elfman and end up useing this as a daily runner then try get myself an S or JCW/GP as a weekend plaything/indulgence :yes nod: ...as I have always wanted an 'S' in one form or another ever since I got my 1st Cooper in 2002 :sad: and I have yet to ever live that dream.

ianking
11th July 2014, 11:51 AM
Wee man is doing great.
Everyday he does something new which is very exciting.

Can you post up some interior shots of your 'Up'. It really is a cracking looking car.

zimbo
11th July 2014, 05:07 PM
:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
12th July 2014, 01:58 PM
Not driven an up yet but tempted. My daughter has and says it's too small for me but I drive classic minis! I'm more concerned it would feel underpowered

zimbo
12th July 2014, 10:48 PM
Not driven an up yet but tempted. My daughter has and says it's too small for me but I drive classic minis! I'm more concerned it would feel underpowered

Just go for a test drive and see. I think its plenty good enough for me :yes nod: I was obviously, very surprised (pleasantly)with the car since I've now got one, and it has a huge boot!!

EcosseGP
13th July 2014, 06:49 PM
They appeared to be getting very popular I saw 6 today :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
14th July 2014, 04:15 PM
Spotted today at your place of employment ;)
Nice car

Alex from NM
14th July 2014, 04:27 PM

There's more room in my Mii than my MINI. You'll be fine