PDA

View Full Version : Front seat noise

AberdeenMini
30th August 2004, 07:56 AM
Anyone else suffering/suffered from a continual clicking noise coming from their front seat? I think the base must be broken or something but its driving me mad!!! Anyone fixed this themselves or is it back to JC's?

GAJ
30th August 2004, 04:28 PM
I sometimes get that too. I went to the dealers a while ago and they just greased it! Mine comes and goes. Someone, maybe Steve 74 said that raising the seat a couple of clicks sorts it. Not tried yet.

Steve74
30th August 2004, 06:53 PM
Yeh, I think its the mechanism that raises and lowers the seat height. When it's at the lowest it makes more noise. Seems to be that if you push it down a couplw of times it goes away. Not sure what causes it though.

Vosh
31st August 2004, 02:41 AM
I had a clicking sound coming from the passenger seat that drove me nuts. Dealers fixed it. Something was loose.

MartinSullivan
31st August 2004, 02:52 AM
I sometimes get a tutting noise from the passenger side, when I am driving too fast, but only when Carol is in the car. Dealer cant explain it

macblob
31st August 2004, 03:42 AM
I had various squeaks etc from my driver side seat, rebuilt 3 times and new base put in it.

Squeaks usually came back after the grease had worn off a little.

I got some silicon lubricant (think it was meant for bike chains etc.)
Sprayed some of the on to the bottom mechanism for the seat now and again (used a straw from a can of wd40 to direct oil where i wanted it).
That seemed to be the best solution for me

Smurf
31st August 2004, 06:09 AM
I only had it briefly, once or twice, and only when there was someone sitting in the seat.
I think the method of just lifting it a couple of clicks worked.

It's a cheap and hassle-free fix to try first, anyway!

AberdeenMini
31st August 2004, 08:25 AM
Cheers guys, i always have the seat as low as possible but raised it a few clicks. Noise went away, or so i thought - came back with a vengance when i went over some cobbles. My knees kept smacking into the steering wheel anyway! Noise is back, woo hoo!!! :)