PDA

View Full Version : F56 S heated seats

leethepee82
2nd July 2014, 12:17 AM
Is everyone happy with the heat that comes from the heated seats? Need to try out the passenger side (wife says it's "toasty") but I wouldn't say that's drivers is that hot.

When I switch the drivers side on, the elements do kick in and you get a nice hot bum but I feel they then maybe cut out or cool down and are warm at best.

The test drive I has in a older type cooper a had heated seats and I had to turn it off as it was so hot!

ianking
3rd July 2014, 01:15 PM
I had heated seats in my last 2 R56 cars and they were excellent. I had them on the highest setting for say 10 mins then down to the lowest setting after that in the winter, otherwise they were very hot indeed. Ive not tried an F56 heated seat yet.

donnaj1dlh
4th July 2014, 11:11 PM
My F56 seats are roastin'. Much hotter than the RCZ and quick to heat up too. Shame they don't gradually go off though (or am I just being lazy having to turn them off myself??!)

leethepee82
8th November 2014, 11:06 PM
Wish I could get a shot in another F56 to compare as the R56 is roasting in comparison!!

badwolf340
9th November 2014, 08:32 AM
Wish I could get a shot in another F56 to compare as the R56 is roasting in comparison!!
You could always test the temp of both seats as a test

EcosseGP
9th November 2014, 12:53 PM
Sorry can't help you with this one as I don't use them ..
I would say that they should be hot on the highest setting and if not I would suggest that one of the heating elements might not be working ..

leethepee82
10th November 2014, 10:53 PM
Tried both seats and would say both are the same temp.