PDA

View Full Version : Any Plumbers on NMS? Seriously :-)

jdl_1967
29th June 2014, 09:22 PM
I'm having real problems with my bath draining.

I've lived in the house for 8 years with no issues, then last month my bath and kitchen sink refused to drain. Albeit they did after an hour or so.

Both are next to one another on the ground floor, both waste pipes vanish into a concrete floor close to one another, I'm assuming they join under the floor. Floor seems fine and no signs of collapsing.

I used a litre of sink unblocker in each, both seemed to clear.

Kitchen sink has remained clear, but strangely the bath sometimes drains and sometimes doesn't.

I've since poured numerous bottles of unblocker and still this intermittent drainage problem persists.

I've also plunged it and this will again allow a whole bath full of water drain. If I then run the tap immediately after this, it again frequently refuses to drain.

I've tried one of those rodding tools, but due to the shape of the u-bend, it only goes about 4" before stopping dead.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Craig
29th June 2014, 11:56 PM
John, I've got a few plumbers I use and very happy with them. I'll chat to you this week if your at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
30th June 2014, 06:26 AM
Cheers Craig

EcosseGP
30th June 2014, 07:26 PM
Sorry can't help you on this one mate ... But a word of warning don't let the big fella anywhere near it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
30th June 2014, 08:02 PM
:-) Craig has given me a contact, I'll give him a shout when I'm off.

Craig
30th June 2014, 11:13 PM
Sorry can't help you on this one mate ... But a word of warning don't let the big fella anywhere near it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey - I've got a hammer just the right size for the job :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
1st July 2014, 06:19 AM
That's the only tool I've ever needed or used on my cars too, always works a treat :-)