PDA

View Full Version : R53 wont start

Lococraigyboy
19th June 2014, 07:57 AM
Hi guys i decatted the car yesterday and all was good driving 12 miles back to home town. Got a mile away from home and it lost power. Engine turns over but doesn't fire. Could this be a lambda sensor gone wrong? Or could it be the coil pack
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_209 using Tapatalk

badwolf340
19th June 2014, 10:09 AM
Any warning lights on apart from CEL (if its on ) ,lots of folks running decats
So may be as you say coilpack or some other thing ,quite sure
Someone with a R53 will be able to give a better answer :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
19th June 2014, 01:14 PM
Shouldn't be anything to do with the de-cat but has something been knocked and a sensor not plugged back in ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lococraigyboy
19th June 2014, 03:35 PM
Shouldn't be anything to do with the de-cat but has something been knocked and a sensor not plugged back in ?

it could be kinda sounds like a cam sensor not plugged in? I did hit a bump when it dies so maybe it knocked a loose connection off?

Cerbera
20th June 2014, 09:50 AM
I may be well off but what is your fuel range at?

I only ask as a friend of mine ran out of fuel with 20 miles showing on the range.

Lococraigyboy
20th June 2014, 11:30 AM
I may be well off but what is your fuel range at?

I only ask as a friend of mine ran out of fuel with 20 miles showing on the range.

just under 3 quarters of a tank. Got codes for it so getting towed to work tonight and hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow or Monday

Cerbera
20th June 2014, 11:45 AM
Cool, I hope it's something simple.

Lococraigyboy
20th June 2014, 12:08 PM
Cool, I hope it's something simple.

hope so. Think its a snapped wire and its blowing and engine management fuse :\ throwing up a cam shaft sensor fault. Everytime i put a new fuse in turn the ignition and it blows again :\

EcosseGP
20th June 2014, 08:53 PM
^^ that's not good although it could well be an easy fix now you know what it is ..

Lococraigyboy
21st June 2014, 08:31 AM
^^ that's not good although it could well be an easy fix now you know what it is ..

i put my decat on by myself and drove it home but hit a bump so im hoping the exhaust moved and hit the lambda off the heat shield that came lose on the way home. So im hoping its just that