PDA

View Full Version : Broken windae. :(

AndyP & Lenore
6th June 2014, 10:44 PM
Picked up this beauty on the Countryman on Wednesday. No stone chip, no pothole, it just broke. :(

http://tili.co.uk/MINI/chip.jpg

stoney
6th June 2014, 10:53 PM
Mmm fault in the window ??

Neil - TXJ
6th June 2014, 10:57 PM
Wet wet wet playing on the radio at the time. I am now running for the hills 😄

Eddie_JCW
6th June 2014, 10:57 PM
That's a strange one!:frown: I'd consider contacting MINI especially if there's no visible damage. Could be a poor installation or a weakness somewhere else?

Hope you get it fixed soon.

ps you'll need to change your signature :P I only noticed because I changed mine earlier :lol:

EcosseGP
6th June 2014, 11:07 PM
Oh no that's nae use ... Looks like it could've been a defect in the screen. Hope they replace it with an original one :)

G17RDY
7th June 2014, 09:42 AM
Ouch, sorry to see that. Strange one there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gismo
7th June 2014, 11:28 AM
Ooyah, not so good

Crombers
7th June 2014, 09:18 PM
Jings :wtf: ..... not good

AndyP & Lenore
7th June 2014, 11:52 PM
Cheers guys. Getting replaced by Auto Windscreens on Tuesday. The guy at AW said it would be fine, and we "could drive it to the south of France and back and it still wouldn't shatter". Hmmmm. Not so sure I agree with him on that.

I suspect we may have had a claim for a faulty windscreen, but to be honest, we don't have the time to take it to the dealer, let them inspect it, order a new windscreen, drive home, wait for the windscreen to come in, go back to the dealer to have it fitted, discover they ordered the wrong windscreen (no heating element), drive home, rinse, repeat. It's just easier (and probably cheaper with the cost of fuel) to just get the thing replaced.

Will they use a genuine MINI one, probably not, but as long as it meets the required standard and has a heating element, is it essential?

I've heard of quite a few of you having windscreen problems in the past, but I have to admit this is our first (and hopefully last) outing.