PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Reburbisher

Nenah
28th August 2004, 04:03 AM
Does anyone know the name of a good company in Aberdeenshire who can reburb alloys? I've got a few small dents in one due to a guter running into one of my front wheels ;) What do they actually do to the wheel? I was told that there is a mobile guy who will come to your house to fix on site - anyone heard of them?

Thanks!
Nenah :)

MartinSullivan
28th August 2004, 04:22 AM
Nenah, I know the guy - he is really good charges about 40 quid a wheel. I cant find his details at the mo, but I know my mate has them so will get them on monday and post them.

Nenah
28th August 2004, 04:42 AM
You Champian! Thanks - see you Sunday at Perth!

X30YES
28th August 2004, 05:12 PM
Tip re Alloys Oz.......keep oot the gutters and away from kerbs

MartinSullivan
30th August 2004, 04:50 PM
Nenah, and anyone else interested

The alloy refurb guy I have used is called

Blasted Alloys, speak to a guy called Wullie Simpson on 01561 378148. He does a lot of work at the garages in Aberdeen or will come out to your house or place of work , remove the wheels and refurb them and put them back on, takes about a day - and costs an average of about 40 quid a wheel.

Another option is to get them shot blasted and powder coated, have seen a few sets done and they do look good. You can have one of a number of finishes and colours and even have some sparkle added into the mix.

Good place to try for powder coating is

PPS Glassfibre in Inverurie. Speak to a guy called Keith Patterson on 01467 621907 and mention that Steve Kennedy gave you his number. Steve is a guy I work with, reckons we should get a discount if we mention his name.

Hope this helps

Mart

john
31st August 2004, 12:51 AM
You beat me to it:)

Call Keith on 01467 621907 tell him your a freind of mine;)

MartinSullivan
31st August 2004, 12:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

You beat me to it:)

Call Keith on 01467 621907 tell him your a freind of mine;)

What happens then - does the price go up???? :D

He did some scooter wheels for me, they look great :cool:

Nenah
31st August 2004, 06:32 AM
Thanks Martin and John :kiss: - I called Blasted Alloys (catchy!) and he cant fit me in until the end of October - will give Keith a call and use code name "John" and see if he can fit me in any earlier.;)

Let you know how I get on. :D