PDA

View Full Version : Countryman run flats

Dave
4th May 2014, 06:42 PM
My luck is awesome as **** at the moment! Nail in the tyre of a 6 month old and 3,000 18" runflat! All 4 are Goodyear and a new one? £180. What the actual......? Anyways can I get this repaired? It's right in the centre so nowhere near the sidewall. Otherwise gonna have to get a new runflat cause don't want one standard and 3 run flats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Craig
4th May 2014, 06:53 PM
Some will say no and others will say yes. I have had RUNFLATS repaired in the past with no issues. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
4th May 2014, 07:06 PM
Some will say no and others will say yes. I have had RUNFLATS repaired in the past with no issues. :)

Ah right. Should I take it off the car cause no doubt in the night it will deflate and rest on the sidewall

Craig
4th May 2014, 07:07 PM
You could do, but I wouldn't bother. Just pump it up before going to the garage :)

EcosseGP
4th May 2014, 08:45 PM
Firstly I wouldn't recommend that you have a run flat and a non run flat on the same axel.
Secondly yes you can get a run flat repaired and I presume from what you've said that the tyre hasn't gone flat it's just got a nail in it.
If you're leaving the tyre on make sure it's inflated before driving it for repair because if the side walls get damaged the company are likely to refuse to repair it for safety reasons.

Dave
4th May 2014, 09:19 PM
Ah great thanks very much. It's driven about 10 miles but it had air in it now home I pumped it up before leaving it on the drive. Will phone about tomorrow and see who will repair a run flat tyre. Cheers!

ianking
5th May 2014, 07:53 AM
I just had an 18 inch countryman runflat repaired at the weekend as there was a nail in the centre. Like others have said, as long as the tyre hasnt been driven flat they can be repaired exactly the same as any other tyre.
The place I use in Penicuik does them no bother.

Angib
5th May 2014, 12:56 PM
And remember never to pull a nail or screw out of a tyre - or at least drive round to the tyre place before you do so.

I find nothing motivates my local tyre shop to get on with the job as much as a car sitting there with air whistling out of a hole in one of its tyres.

Dave
5th May 2014, 05:39 PM
And remember never to pull a nail or screw out of a tyre - or at least drive round to the tyre place before you do so.

I find nothing motivates my local tyre shop to get on with the job as much as a car sitting there with air whistling out of a hole in one of its tyres.

Haha brilliant:) well in Dumfries I was spoilt for choice in terms of tyres. Dentons, ATS, kwik-fit, halfrauds autocentre to name a few. None of these would repair a runflat because it was "considered bad practice and not safe". So, I called a great guy at Soltyre who was more than happy to fix it and had a good laugh while I was there. In future I know where I will be going for tyres. Also spent a ****ing hour looking for the locking wheel nut!! Sneaky German bastards hiding it behind the tail light!!

Craig
5th May 2014, 06:06 PM
Good news !! Yeah on the right hand side behind a wee panel. Paceman is the same if anyone was wondering :)